cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UNIVERSE PARSE PROBLEM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

As per the client requirement , I am creating universe based on SAP BW Bex query.

In bex query we have very big value in Agreement Value(Key Figure) field ,  I Want to divided by 100000(Lakh).

But when i am creating variable at universe level I am getting below error.

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Divyesh Patel

(9930578182)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can not create calculated KF in OLAP universe, this is a limitation.Do this calculation in Bex (recommanded) or do it in webi by using a variable

former_member193452
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This is correct.

Calculated Key Figure is not possible in Relational Universe to Bw.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt reply ,

When I am click on parsing same error ..

I want create one UDT from two  Bex query.

Its possible then please let me know how ?

Regards,

Divyesh Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Divyesh,

Multisource universe functionality is not available in UDT. Its only possible in IDT.

However even in IDT , Multisource universe is not possible to create on two OLAP(BEx) data sources.

In order to create a universe on two multiple data sources in UDT please use linking universe concept.

Actually what is your need to create Multisource universe? You can also use two different universe and create a multisource report.

Thanks,

Haseeb

former_member193452
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Divyesh,

I recommend creating one BICS connection for each Bex query and then joining the results on the report side.

BICS is the new proprietary connection and has the greatest performance results.

In UDT a lined universe is possible, but it requires have the same data account, or database, and the same RDBMS in each connector.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks Rahn..

My requirement to create SAP BO Explorer...

BO Explorer connect only UNV or UNX.

I have SAP Bex query ready for that reason i am creating UNV.

If u have any alternative then pls let me know.

Regards,

Divyesh Patel

(9930578182)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Please find the attached Screen shot.

Regards,

Divyesh Patel

(9930578182)

former_member207052
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Instead of referring to the object, Try referring to the column directly, like yourTable.ColName/1000

Also, make sure that the column type is compatible with division operation or use some conversion functions to convert other types to int or double.

Regards,

Naras

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its not working...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am taking below formula

[306RQEBH8S4TH0VBL1VWOCZ0I].[306RQEBH8S4RQQH9LWZ4EJQ1A]  / 1000

Please reply

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please provide snapshot of original object i.e [306RQEBH8S4TH0VBL1VWOCZ0I].[306RQEBH8S4RQQH9LWZ4EJQ1A]

How you have created it on universe what is its type and all..

It can help to resolve issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

why don't you apply /100000 formula at this level only.

Please write /100000 at then end of the formula and try to parse and let me know if you are facing same issue or not?

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Attach the error meassage.if you are getting error message then you can divide value in the report level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want at universe because I am creating SAP BO Explorer.

Please guide me.

Regards,

Divyesh

former_member207052
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have not attached the screenshot of the error, without which we will not be able to help you.

More over you can do the division in the explorer. Just create a measure with a static value in the universe (100000 in your case) and then create a calculated measure in the explorer measure A/the new measure.

Regards,

Naras