Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound Driven EWM Opp. Cross-docking Issues

rguan88
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi There,

I am working ont eh Inbound driven Opp. CD, and I have few questions here, thank you very much for your help here.

Cheers,

RG

Scenario 1: I don't have enough available stock in warehouse, like existing stock under F2 is only 5 EA, but we are having another 10 EA coming from inbound delivery (already PGR, sitting in F1), but I need 10 EA for my outbound delivery.

My questions is when I create the outbound delivery in ERP, base on the ATP check, I will fail, as I don't have enought stock in storage location 'Avail to sell', when I put the stroage location in the outbound delivery, it will fail ATP.

Question: What I should do in ATP for EWM, any tips here?

Scenario 2: I managed to have outbound delivery orders created in EWM - required qty is 10 EA, and I also created open pick WT for it, as we have enought available physcial stock, it directs to pick from normal bins. Then I will do an inbound delivery order in EWM, continue with creating putaway WT in EWM for IDO, but it doesn't recognize the open ODO, it will not move the stock from 9010/GR-ZONE to 9020/GI-ZONE.

Question: What I understanding from standard sap is it will recognize the open ODO with open WT when creating the putaway WT of IDO, and it will cancel the PICK WT, and create an WT (move from GR-ZONE to GI-ZONE), Please correct me, I may miss some configureation here.

Scenarios 3: Continue with above scenario, I cancelled the open PICK WT of ODO, and leave it without open WT, and it will create an WT move from GR-ZONE to GI-ZONE when I create the Putaway WT for the inbound delivery order, but there is no warehouse order. 

The WT is with waiting status, and I don't know how to continue with it. I can't confirm this WT, please advice if it is correct process to continue with the waiting status WT.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

"Scenario 1: I don't have enough available stock in warehouse, like existing stock under F2 is only 5 EA, but we are having another 10 EA coming from inbound delivery (already PGR, sitting in F1), but I need 10 EA for my outbound delivery."

When you consider cross-docking - why do you bother about a ROD / AFS scenario? It does not make any sense to do that. And you issue is the basic problem why CD often does not work for everyone.

"Question: What I understanding from standard sap is it will recognize the open ODO with open WT when creating the putaway WT of IDO, and it will cancel the PICK WT, and create an WT (move from GR-ZONE to GI-ZONE), Please correct me, I may miss some configureation here."

Pls. check this thread:

Brgds

Juergen

rguan88
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

Thanks for answering this question.

Scenario 1: Can you advice what kind of the ATP check we should have for CD and the related org structure? My problem is we can do a ATP on plant level on sales order, but when down to outbound delivery, I have to enter an storage location on delivery, and ATP check triggered again. Much appreciate your help.

Scenario 2: All sorted, it make sense now why it didn't take the open WT. Is it also suite for outbound driven OPP CD? I have another open thread related to the FIFO, I found it via dubug, but not quite sure if it is the same issue, can you have a look as well?  http://scn.sap.com/thread/3739514

Scenario 3: Can you also have a look this question, we are struggling with it at this moment. Please let me know if you need more data. I assume there must be some POSC triggered?

Really apprecaite your help.

Cheers,

RG

Answers (0)