cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct labor rollup to ERP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all, we want to use the direct labor functionality with the simple scenario which only collects direct labor time for an order and send the ERP employee number. We used the How-To-Guide to customize scenario 3. in ME and have a couple of questions as follows:

- For this scenario we do not want to use clock-in / clock-out and therefore we do not want to customize cost centre, shift plans, factory calendar and so on. Is it possible to do so?

- We customized the scenario in ME and it was possible to collect labor times. But it was not possible to send the collected times to SAP ERP with ODSLaborRollup. What needs to be done to send the times successful to ERP?

- What is necessary to enable the process to send labor times to ERP? Do we need the approval of shift supervisor? After roll-up we didn't saw any entry in the Supervisor time edit and approval view.

- How can we customize a minimum scenario to send labor times to ERP?

- Is it possible to send the employee number within these scenario to ERP?

- Where are the single labor times of an employee are visible in ERP? Is it only at the order as an aggregated number or is it also possible to list every single time stamp with employee number? Where would this be visible in ERP?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards, Manja

Message was edited by: Sergiy Katerinich

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183191
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Manja,

I'm copying my answers here.

• For this scenario we do not want to use clock-in / clock-out and therefore we do not want to customize cost centre, shift plans, factory calendar and so on. Is it possible to do so?

Clock In/Out isn’t required, but why you need to customize all other labor settings is because they are required to approve collected data by supervisor. So that’s why you have to define Cost Center, LCC, assign them to some user shift and so on.

• What is necessary to enable the process to send labor times to ERP? Do we need the acknowledgement process of shift supervisor?

Here is a link to online help

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_me150/helpdata/EN/85/11406276d247a2ae77e303306534cc/content.htm?frameset...

But also you may refer to the step below:

STEPS:

Create Master Data in ERP:

• Work Center with assigned Standard Value Key;
  • Material with Routing;
  • Transfer master data to ME (BD10 transaction for Material and POIM for Work Center);

Master Data has to be transferred to ME. If you are using ME Routing then sure that it has reporting steps.

In ME:

• Turn on Labor Tracking system rule in System Rule Maintenance activity;
  • Define user shifts;
  • Define Labor Charge Codes and Cost Centers;
  • Assign user shifts to your users. Make sure that field ERP Personnel Number on the Main tab has been filled with a correct value;
  • Make sure that you have some user which have permissions of Supervisor;
  • In Labor Rule Maintenance on Rollup Processing Rules tab enable summarization and select criteria by which this summarization will be performed;
  • Define Standard Value Keys;
  • Assign Standard Value Keys using Scheduling Standards Maintenance;
  • Modify your POD by adding buttons to labor your user on and off; make sure that LT380 (Labor Off activity) has been assigned to some layout;
  • In Activity Maintenance retrieve Labor off (LT380) and set:

DISPLAY_PLANNED_TIME = YES

ALLOW_ELAPSED_TIME_EXCESS = YES (can be set to NO as well, it's up to you)

1. In ERP create Production Order for material that you have defined before. Release it and save -> Order is transferred to ME.
  2. ME: Login by your user which has assigned user shifts. Release just received Order.
  3. Open POD, select Operation, Resource and SFC. Start SFC and labor on.
  4. Finish work, do labor off. In the plugin insert values and save.
  5. Complete.
  6. Run ODSLaborRollup.bat file.
  7. In ME run Supervisor Time Edit and Approval activity (by Supervisor) and retrieve records.
  8. Find one that belongs to your user, input comments and approve.

After that you will see CorrelatedDirectLaborConfirmationRequest record in the Queue Monitor.

• How can we customize a minimum scenario to send labor times to ERP? When
    are the collected labor times are ready to send to ERP with ODSLaborRollup?

I’d say that minimum set of steps is in the previous answer. Collected labor is ready to be sent after you run ODSLaborRollup script and supervisor approves those values in the Supervisor Time Edit and Approval activity.

• We customized the scenario in ME and it was possible to collect labor times. But it was not possible to send the collected times to SAP ERP with ODSLaborRollup. What needs to be done to send the times successful to ERP?

ODSLaborRollup scrip only summarizes data that allows you to see it in the Supervisor Time Edit and Approval activity. But after that you have to approve this record by supervisor that in turn will trigger transferring of labor information.

• Is it possible to send the employee number within this scenario to ERP?

To my knowledge it’s not possible. But ERP Personnel Number is reported along with labor data.

• Where are the single labor times of an employee are visible in ERP? Is it only at the order as an aggregated number or is it also possible to list every single time stamp?

I only know that it’s possible to see collected data in the CO14 transaction. So please forward this question to someone who is an ERP expert.