cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying SP05 secure login library UNIX for ECC/CRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

SSO friends,

We're currently in a TRIAL, testing NW SSO 2.0 SP04.

ECC 6.0 EHP6 ABAP AS w NW7.31 SP07

CRM 7.0 EHP2 ABAP AS w NW7.31 SP07

Pure JAVA AS w NW7.02 SP16

All 3 are AIX 6.1 with Kernel 7.21EXT #331

The 2 ABAP stacks have notes: 1832706 / 2010613 / 1819808

Following the GREAT Videos here: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-40178

Our Windows7 PCs also have the corresponding SLC SP04, and a SAPGUI utilizing the changes needed for SNC.

SPnego for ABAP with SNC for SAPGUI is working.  No MAJOR problems there (yet).  We can reach and integrate the WEBGUI/NWBC/BSPs between the systems and not need a password once we log into AD.

But....we want to go to SP05!  Not a big deal in terms of pushing out a new SLC SP05 to the PCs..but what about the Secure Logon Library at the UNIX OS LEVEL??

I mean, my real question is....If I "un-SAR" the newest library into my /usr/sap/SID/INSTANCE/SLL directory, MUST I restart the SAP instance entirely in order to get the SP05 functionality/patch????

I hope that makes sense.  You guys are great, I have really enjoyed all the great information in the SSO space!!

--NICK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nick,

Hard Restart of  SMICM should do the job, however if you wish to enable new features offered as per blog

You may need to do more as per documentation

Master guide- http://help.sap.com/download/sapsso/sapsso_master_guide_en.pdf

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for replying Siddhesh.  I had already restarted the instance before I saw the post.

by the way, is there some documentation somewhere that says that, or is that just experience that you have that makes you know that?

NICK

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nick,

In the past, whenever we updated anything around PSE with sapgenpse program at OS level, we would restart SMICM to ensure SAP ICM (Internet connection manager) got the new details

Regards,

Siddhesh

Answers (0)