cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DBTABLOG and audit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is a general recommendation to enable tables logging. I found out that in some case SAP has enable table logging by mistake causing DBTABLOG to grow too much. It was later corrected in SAP notes.

My question is more how to know the tables that should be enable for logging? Specially in term of Audit.

Regards,

Adel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

yakcinar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Adel,

You can see the answer of your question in below link.

Logging Changes to Table Data - Auditing and Logging - SAP Library

Although we do deliver pre-defined settings, you generally have to modify them to meet your own requirements. Use the report RSTBHIST to obtain a list of those tables that are currently set to be logged. Use transaction SE13 to change the Log data changes flag for these or other tables.

Regards,

Yuksel AKCINAR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yuksel,

The link seems excellent but unfortunately it seems to be related to German regulations. I have read note 112388 and while it gives the recommendations I was looking for, it seems to be limited to Germany.

Is there the same thing for UK or international regulation. The pdf is no more available.

PS: I am based in UK.

Regards,

Adel

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Adel,

You are better off speaking to someone from Audit teams. SAP provides the tools to setup auditing and also recommendations that you can use as per the notes you described.

However, every country/organisation is different and hence what needs to be audited should be decided by the audit team involved in auditing your business/organisation.

Regards,

Siddhesh

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In fact for UK,I googled and found out that SAP also provides Audit management software powered by Hana

Audit Management Software | Audit & GRC | SAP HANA | SAP