Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guided Configuration in S/4 HANA

former_member214868
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are configuring a demo system with SAP Simple Finance 1.0 SPS 5 add on in an On Premise system.

We are not sure if the Guided Configuration is available for the above version On Premise model.

What role/configs is needed to enable the S/4 HANA Guided Configuration application URL. Is there any specific URL which i can use to call the Guided Configuration link.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Wagnerfr
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Urmila,

the Guided Configuration Approach of S/4HANA is available in the SAP S/4HANA, cloud edition. The approach will be enhanced to the SAP S/4HANA, on-premise edition with the Q/4 delivery of the on-premise edition. In the current version with the SAP Simple Finance add-on, these functionalities are not available. Here we are still on (let´s call it) the traditional IMG/customizing approach.

Kind Regards,

Frank

MirelaS
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Frank,

Is the "Guided Configuration" approach available for new S/4HANA EM 1511 On-Premise implementations?

Looking at the PPT slide below, I see that this functionality is available for new S/4HANA cloud implementations. It is unclear whether they are available now for on-premise installations.

I would appreciate any help on this. Thank you!

Kind regards,

Mirela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mirela,

Guided configuration is currently available on SAP S/4HANA cloud edition only. The available guided configuration is limited to settings that are content lifecycle management compliant. If you are selecting the on premise edition of SAP S/4HANA (in your own environment or on HEC), you will configure with SPRO / IMG.

MirelaS
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for the clarification, Kenneth; much apppreciated!

0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

I heard that Guided Configuration is available in new version of S/4 HANA 1511 FPS2 for on premises edition.

I want to know, how to activate Guided configuration for on premises?

Requesting you to please share if you have any information on this.

Thanks,

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

For clarification, the tool for configuring SAP S/4HANA 1511 FPS2 on-premise is still IMG.

The full set recommendations are available here:

https://documents.wdf.sap.corp/share/proxy/alfresco/api/node/content/workspace/SpacesStore/0d919a4b-...

Best regards, Kenneth

0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

Thanks for the clarification for my doubt on guided configuration for on premises.

The link you had shared is not working.

Requesting you to please check whether the link is correct and share once again.

Thanks...

ksiebers
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh, Hi Kenneth,

unfortunately this is an internal link for SAP employees.

It would be much appreciated if SAP could share the document with us publicly.

kind regards,

Kay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kay,

I am working on getting an external link for the document and will share as soon as I have it.

Sorry for the delay and thanks for your understanding,

Kenneth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the delay, here is finally the external link to the recommendations for use of SAP Best Practices on SAP S/4HANA on premise:

https://support.sap.com/content/dam/SAAP/SAP_Activate/S4H_160.pdf

santosh_gupta1
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank Kenneth,

Indeed it's a detailed document covering all aspects / innovations happening.

Am struggling to pull in in  high volume "All"  Standard Customizing "C" class to the BP Client.

The report /FTI/JF24 does not completely support "C" class. I am aware that "adjustment" option is available but that also has it's own limitation and it's tedious activity.

Have raised  with SAP support this concern but still no resolution.

Can you please show some light on this specific piece ?

Regards

Santosh

0 Kudos

Hello Kenneth,

Thanks a lot for the document. Indeed its helpful.

Thanks...

Mahesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member214868
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for your Clarification that the S/4 HANA Guided Configuration is not available for

on premise as of now.