Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Operation Mapping Parameter problem

former_member217283
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

My scenario is JDBC-->Proxy (Abap). I have defined a operation mapping parameter to create the connection JDBC:

This parameter is called from message mapping:

In the integration directory I have a ICO and also I have defined the operation mapping parameter in receiver interfaces.

This configuration is working fine but the problem is with the value of JDBC_CONN in production environment,

This value  have a size higher to development URL.

The error is:

Runtime Exception when executing application mapping program SQLTest/SQLTest; Details: java.lang.NullPointerException; while trying to invoke the method java.sql.Connection.setAutoCommit(bool) of an object loaded from local variable 'conn'

'conn' is a varible used in java mapping,I know the problem isn't in java mapping because it is working fine with another value for JDBC_CONN parameter.

If I get the value for JDBC_CONN from message mapping instead of operation mapping parameter I have not this problem:

Is posible there is some problem or limitation in the size of operation mapping parameters? someone have idea where is the problem?

Thanks and regards

Mónica

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monica, can u try to use 5 char in the name? I mean: JDBC_CONN it's like the 5 first chars are ok but not *CONN

I had a similar error using an RFC against SAP with some field values.

Regards.

former_member217283
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Can,

Sorry but the problem isn't in the parameter name, because I think if it was the problem, the error  would occur always but the error only is with the production URL

Regards

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody.

Like this blog shows  , i can't notice any  problem with the length name of the variable.

What is you PI version Monica?, Have you got several receivers?.

On another hand i don't know why you are using FixValues function and you have not choose to do a value-mapping, because i think you have three pair of values.

Regards.

former_member217283
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

PI version is 7.31 SP 6. I have only one receiver. I use a Fixvalue because every environment have a differnte URL.

Regards

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Monica,

Have you set the Parameters button and the Binding button in the Operation Mapping?.

Check the link below.

Regards,

former_member217283
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Iñaki,

Yes I have set the parameters button and the Binding button in Operation Mapping.

I think you forgot the link, I don't see it

Thanks and regards

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Monica,

The link was this (Sorry, im not so good with the english sometimes, i wanted to mean the link in my previous post).

Have you use different name for OM parameter and MM parameter?, try to use different ones.

Regards.

former_member217283
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Iñaki,

but If I call OM parameter and MM parameter with different names, I will get an error:

You cannot change parameter name JDBC_CONN

Parameter JDBC_CONN used by programs with direction Request 

• Program Message Mapping uses parameter JDBC_CONN

Regards

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Monica,

Have you tried directly from the ESR?, if you are testing form Message Mapping you should go to parameters tab and to fill the variable manually.

Regards.

former_member217283
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Iñaki,

Yes a tried from ESR? the funcionality working fine, the only difference between the process correct and the process not correct is in the Operatio mapping parameter value, in the string size.

Regards