Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Deciding which characteristic to use as Line Item Dimension

Hi all,

I 've spent some time reading about line item dimensions but I cannot decide which of the following three characteristics should be chosen as LID in my scenario:

A Document Number  can have different Revision Numbers and different Document Parts and for the combination of these three, many other characteristics exist.

Currently, I've put the Doc No in one LID and the Rev No and Doc Part in one dimension along with their other characteristics but I have not seen any improvements in the run-time of my queries.

Considering that the deepest level of detail in my scenario is not Doc No but the combination of Doc No ,Doc Ver and Doc Part, what do you suggest?

See if both of the characteristics are put in one dimension there combination may be numerous and therefore resulting in 50% entries. Now if you keep them separately I don't think individually they will have that much of variety. So by keeping them different dimension will solve your issue.

Also document version and part number are repetitive in nature ( for eg 000, 001 etc ) and therefore making them LID will not provide you any benefit.

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question