cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create of simillar Fixed Assets

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts;

I have an issue at my company sounds little bit new for me and I am not actually sure whether it even can be handled on SAP or not.

The issue is:

we purchase kind of Fixed Assets called ((Metal Carriers)) such metal carriers are purchased in huge amounts 10,000 meters and each one costs 1000 SAR. So total of Fixed Assets amount will be 10,000 X 1000 = 10,000,000 SAR.

Then we issue such Fixed Assets from inventory for each project upon the project manager's request, some one can ask for 10 meters another project manager can ask for 30 meters and so on.

The point in the issue:

It is very very hard to handle such Assets one by one, in another words if we created 10,000 Fixed Assets on system that will be pretty tough to be tracked  in addition I don't know even how can we create them as similar assets because the filed of similar asset is only 3 digits so maximum number will be 999.

And at same time we cannot create the 10,000 meters as one Asset because as explained that we cut such Metal Carriers by meter and distribute them across different projects and one can be broken or stolen and the rest are yet is service so I cannot manage them as one Fixed Asset.

The Question is:

Can someone kindly advice how can we manage such scenario on SAP?

Is there any feature on SAP allows us to handle huge number of similar Fixed Assets one by one but to collapse all line items in one line item and to appear in reports in one line item by total and expand them upon need?

Thanks in advance;

Kind regards;

Ahmad Mahmud;

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use the quantity attribute of the asset master. Initial aquisition of 10.000.000 SAR can be posted with a quantity of 10.000 meters to a single asset. If quantity and value need to be reduced or distributed to other assets, this can be achieved via partial retirement or transfer postings that use quantity as a basis.

Best regards, Michael

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member200703
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed

its good to hear from you again..

First : are you sure that metal piece should be considered as fixed assets " not inventory" .. is it used in project and then returned back or consumed through project ..

if it used in project and returned back ,so where is the problem in my opinion .. ? you may refer to above reply that guide you used QTY field to capitalize the purchased qty..

when yearly count you may refer to qty to know how many pieces still exist and dispose the lost ones..

Regards

Mahmoud EL Nady

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahmud;

thanks for your effective support and good opinions as usual.

yes it must be defined as Asset rather than Materials because they will be used in multiple project and they may serve for more than 3 years.

So, I cannot carry all of their costs on a certain project as Materials.

I may try the first suggestion from Michael and update both of you.

Thanks again;

kind regards;