cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Notification Issue?

0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

We are experiencing an issue with email notifications, not sure why it reoccurs every three weeks or  so ...

Issue : The mail notifications stop and the Queued messages in the sourcing system show pending.  ,all other system functionality works ok.

Work-around : restart the system at Application level all Queued messages are cleared.

Frequency : This mail issue is happening every 3 weeks...

Thank you,

HM

harsh.mundel@gmail.com

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member190023
Contributor
0 Kudos

We also encounter same behaviour... only frequency is about 2 months.

Now, usually it works with a simple restart of the email daemon (from System Registration, enable/disable), but in more complex scenarios the issue is actually somewhere else:

- we have found the possibility to have the email daemon stuck by a complete crash of the scheduled task executor daemon. Can you confirm that the scheduled tasks (data imports and script executions) were working and not pending in "Pending Daemon Events"?

PS: to have a quick response on the email daemon crash we have built a custom monitor task to check the queued messages and alert IT team (via direct java email ).

Regards,

Bogdan Toma

0 Kudos

Thanks Bogdan,

1)  Right now, I  don't  see anything pending in the Daemons related to  emails.. only  ones  are  ODP_EVENT_CALENDAR_EVENT  and ESO_EVENT_RFX_NOTIFICATION...  I'm unsure of the past status...

2)  We have Auto enabled all daemons and  Email daemon is permanently  checked .

3)  you can  set  the following  property  thru  system  user  to  monitor Queued messages.

Set : messaging

property :  messaging.queue_alert_size

System user only .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

can  you  please  send  me  steps for  this activity  you  do :

"Now, usually it works with a simple restart of the email daemon (from System Registration, enable/disable),"

4) Why  isn't  SAP providing  a  note or  a patch  to  this  issue.

Thank you,

HM

harsh.mundel@gmail.com