cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event created in SWEL and SWI1 but not shown in SAP Business Workplace (SWBP)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a custom workflow on Notification using BUS7051 on CREATED. on creation of notification my workflow is being executed as i can see the event in SWEL and then the tasks maintained in SWI2 but i cannot see them in my SAP Business Workplace.

Can anybody please help me in identifying the exact issue. I am really stuck at this point, as i dont know how to test the changes i am doing in my workflow, coz cant see them in the inbox. It was working fine earlier, but suddenly it has stopped working now.

Please help.

I'd be really thankful

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Open SWI1. Open the workflow log. See who is the agent of the work item. See the status of the work item (is it possibly in error?).

Regards,

Karri

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, it is assigned

Please see the screenshot below

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the user starting with HAM the user who started the workflow?

How is supposed to get the work item? The same user HAM*?

The screenshot does not tell much. You should find the actual agent of the work item. Now just display the agents who have participated the process. You should open the technical workflow log, which gives much more details.

Regards,

Karri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it is the same user, to whom the workflow should be received for usage decision. Let me share this with you, 2 mins back i got a whole bulk of 14 unread documents with all those that i had processed 2 days before and few of those that i had processed today early in the morning. but again when i tried to run those workflows it's not sending mail at sbwp. It works on its own at random, i am confused with its behavioud.

Pleaaase helpppp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Open transaction SWU3. Check everything under "Maintain runtime environment". Is there something red (some of the background jobs)? If yes, try to execute it and make it green.

Regards,

Karri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sharing with you the screenshot of the transaction. I think everything is perfect. But there is red mark on maintain guided procedures.

I am using this transaction for the first time, dont know about it, Can you please guide further?

Former Member
0 Kudos

SWU3 looks fine. No need to concentrate on that. The problem is somewhere else.

So, just recently you started a workflow, which didn't bring you the work item? Can you look SWI1 for that workflow (the workflow consists of many work items, so you need to look at them all, and their status etc.). Then take similarly a look to a workflow which already brought you the work item. Try to compare them. The best option would be to open the technical workflow logs for both cases, and compare them (perhaps take a screenshots and put there).

Perhaps other things to check:

-SM58 for user WF-BATCH

-Event queue problem

Regards,

Karri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karri,

I can see the workitem in SWI1, but it does not appear in my SAP Business Workplace, thats what the main issue is. I'll share the screenshots with you.

1. I have run a workflow from transaction iqs1 to create a notification

in SWI1 it shows that my workflow has started, and its right there, Please refer the screenshot too

But here in my SAP business workplace, its not there, i mean i cant see it in here. this is the whoel problem that i am facing since yesterday.

Please find the screenshot

notification i created is 400000212 and cant see it in here.

Hope you'll help me in sorting this out.

Thanks for all your help so far

Regards,

Ali

Former Member
0 Kudos

What item are you expecting to see in your inbox? "Notification 400000212 is ready for evaluation" or what? I cannot see that item in SWI1. It has not been created? Anyhow I see item "Edit notification 400000212"? What is that? Who has that?

>in SWI1 it shows that my workflow has started, and its right there, Please refer the screenshot too

Statuses:

STARTED = Workflow has started. This doesn't mean that there is a work item in anyone's inbox.

READY = This means that work item is in someone's inbox waiting to be completed. You should be looking for these.

Regards,

Karri

anjan_paul
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check BADI WF_BWP_SELECT_FILTER implemented or not, if implemented, may be problem due to that

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anjan,

Thanks for your reply, I read this somewhere else too

yes i think it is implemented. Can you please help me, as in how can i check it? and deactivate or know how to stop it.

Your help is much appreciated, thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes i am expecting to see "Notification 400000212 is ready for evaluation" in my SAP inbox. there are two workflows simultaneously being run, And i have set the agent id as my username, but i cant see them in my SBWP

Thanks for adding into my knowledge, I'll check for the ready status... but i think still there is some other problem that's stopping the work items from coming into my inbox

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please find this screenshot too,

How should i deactivate this?

anjan_paul
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to take help of ABAPer,  to understand the code, what functionality written in the BADI.

Generally usin Transaction SE19, we can check the  BADI

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you cannot see the "Notification 400000212 is ready for evaluation" in SWI1, then you cannot see it in your business workplace. The work item doesn't hasn't even been created.

If you see "Notification 400000212 is ready for evaluation" with status READY in SWI1, then you most likely see it in your inbox. I have a feeling that the workflow doesn't even get started. Of course I might be wrong, but this is based on the input that you have provided.

You can see BADI implementations in SE18. Just open the enhancement spot and see the implementations node. I doubt it has anything to do with this problem, because eventually you are able to see the items (they are not filtered).

Regards,

Karri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes yes , Its working fine now. I can see them in my workplace.

But suddenly it stops coming into my Business Workplace, thats what i am worried about.

I am amazed, i didnt do any changes, yet they've all started coming into my Business Workplace.

I couldnt understand what the real issue was.

But still thanks alot for helping me with this. I hope i dont face such situation the next time

Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nishantbansal91
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ali,

Have u did the agent assignment for the task??

Or have u checked log is there any exception occur?

Thanks

Nishant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nishant,

Yes i have done everything, It was working fine before, i have changed not a single setting in that workflow and it was sending mail and usage decision. Suddenly it has started delaying in receiving the workflows.

please help if you can

thanks