Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data used in ECC

former_member193027
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are working for a shipper scenario where we need to migrate routes used in ECC to TM.Since TM does not have routes concept but represents rather source and destination location, Can anyone inform how are data migration part taken care here.

Also whats the best practise to create Tlane, Tzone etc in TM as part of data migration exercise

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Bimal_S
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Best practice is always to create Tlane, Zone etc... There are no routes in TM. However routes has the source and destination zones along with the duration. This can be used to create the lanes in TM once you have all those zones created in TM. Standard APO loader can be used to upload Tlanes and Tzones, once you can get all these in excel sheet. But keep in mind that Tlanes can have more details than a route. It's better to have as much as data available in the Tlane, since it affects planning process.

former_member193027
Participant
0 Kudos

So If I summarise you are suggesting to create Tzone and lane manually in TM? and if not manually use the APO loader?

Can you throw more ligt how we can use APO loader to create and load Tzone and Tlane in TM?

Bimal_S
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes. There are no standard interfaces available to directly convert ECC routes to TM lanes. For APO loader please go through the SAP KBA: 1980615 - How to use report FUNCTION_LOADER_INLAY(Function Loader) in order to fill excel sheets. Please let me know if you have any questions.

former_member193027
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you throw more light on the APO loader i.e what is the BAPI name and the parameters I need to select here to upload Tlanes and Tzones.

Secondly business wants to have some functionality to upload routes in TM .Whats the best way to achive these .Based on your response it seems we should upload Tzone using APO loader first and then upload Tlane using APO loader.Kindly confirm me.

Bimal_S
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Transportation Lane

Read: BAPI_TRLSRVAPS_GETLIST2

Create: BAPI_TRLSRVAPS_SAVEMULTI2

Delete: BAPI_TRLSRVAPS_DELMULTI

Transportation Zone

Read: BAPI_TZSRVSCMB_GETLIST

Create: BAPI_TZSRVSCMB_SAVEMULTI
Delete: BAPI_TZSRVSCMB_DELMULTI

former_member193027
Participant
0 Kudos

Whats the best practise, do we upload Tzone first and then Tlane?

Bimal_S
Active Participant
0 Kudos

In this scenario you cannot create a TLane without Tzones as the source and destination for this will be the Tzones. So create Tzones first.

Answers (0)