cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logical system problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everybody,

I am using nwds for creating a web dynpro for java application which call the bapi to get the flight details. When I deploy and run the application this error is coming :-

<b>'WD_FLIGHTLIST_RFC_METADATA_DEST ' not properly defined! Unable to create Metadata connection for Dictionary Provider. Either the logical System Name 'WD_FLIGHTLIST_RFC_METADATA_DEST ' has not been properly defined in the System Landscape Directory, or you are not using a MsgServerDestination (AppServerDestinations are not permitted for Metadata connections).</b>

Please help me out.

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Madhu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

The problem is because when you are creating the connection in the step connection type you are selecting Application data whereas you should be select Dictionary metadata.

Please note that Metadat connectors can be configured only via Dictionary Meta Data. Redo this step and your JCO will work fine. If you need further assistance feel free to revert back.

Thanks & Regards,

Vijith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Which Java system are you connecting to from the nwds? Is it an EP application system?

Regards,

Angad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Check whether you have defined the logical system properly.

Check the link for setting up a new logical system,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/b4/b0b13bb3acef3ce10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Award points if it helps your query.

regards,

Vinodh