cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Message size - recommendation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a question regarding the message size of xi payload.

I'm working on a scenario, sending 1.500.000 datarows via client proxy to xi for further processing. as i don't wanna have 1.500.000 messages in xi, i want to group the messages.

can you give me a hint, what payloadsize i can use, to get good performance out of xi ?

greets,

martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here are some guidelines:

1. small size messages have too much processing overhead - proportionally, more processing time is spent on process headers and integration information, rather than the actual payload

2. large size messages have high memory consumption - proprotionally, even though more processing time is spent on the payload (therefore higher throughput in terms of bytes per second), but the memory may effect the overall system performance.

The ideal message size is 5 MB.

The hardware configuration (especially memory and cpu) and operating system (32-bit or 64-bit) must take into account during the planning phase of an XI implementation.

Also, the type of adapter used can effect the performance of processing large size messages. On the same server, I have seen IDOCs greater than 100MB without any problems. But, have seen file adapters processing similar size messages with problems.

There is no generic, fixed answer due to the number variables involved.

Regards,

Bill