cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specific AWS instance needed for SAP HANA developer edition SPS 09 ;m2.2x unavailable

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I want a SAP HANA developer edition SPS 09 instance for some learning/trial work in my organization.

My company has an AWS account through which we have created other multiple HANA instances (SPS 08) aws instnace 2.4x large on which main development work is done.

But the new instance which I need should be the cheapest in terms of AWS hourly cost as it is for learning/testing purpose of a specific individual.

In aws I have a community AMI  " SFPHANARev90_RAW_Backup - ami-03082751" which provides me with SPS 09 (since SPS 08 seems to be unavailable) but I cannot determine which AWS instance type should I choose for my minimum development requirement.

The suggested m2.2x large in most forums seems to be depleted and no longer available on AWS.

Kindly solve my issue as I need to get started on this work ASAP.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prateek,

When launching the instance did you change the tab on AWS from "Current Generation" to "All Generations"?  M2.2xlarge should appear in there. 

The only question is what type of virtualization your image uses.  The M2.* instances only use the legacy paravirutal virtualization.  If your image is HVM, you cannot choose the M2 instance type.

Jim Giffin