cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

while i am configuring my source file adapter i set processing mode as archive do we have to create separate folder for this archived files if yes how we have to create if not where this archived files sores..plz clear my doubts..

regards

joshi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am loooking for some clarifications

Former Member
0 Kudos

when ever u set processing mode as archiving u have give logical path of the archiving directory that is stores at destination side..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitesh,

Archive mode is nothing but place the file in diferent place.Create a folder in the receiver directory.Choose the archive mode and give the path (logical) of receiver directory.I hope it will work.

Cheers!

Samarjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

ok thanks ,after setting mode for archiving it gives another option for folder am i right?

regards

joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes,give the logical path of the destination.

Cheers!

Samarjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks samarjit..thanks alot

regards Joshi..

Former Member
0 Kudos

hI Samarjit ,

after we setting the processing mode as archived u said we have to create folder to store this archived files.whatz my question is the same folder that we giving the receiver side (i mean target directory name)is stores thses archived files ya we have to create folder for these archived file ,if yes plz tell me how to create that folder and where we can c that option ..

regards

Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

See the file procesing mode is on sender side not on reciver side i hope, to create the folder on your server , contact your basis team .

see the below from help

Archive

Files that have been successfully processed are moved to an archive directory.

To add a time stamp to the file name, select Add Time Stamp.

The time stamp has the format yyyMMdd-hhMMss-SSS_. The time stamp ensures that the archived files are not overwritten and it enables you to sort them according to the time that they were received.

Under Archive Directory, enter the name of the archive directory.

If you want to archive the files on the FTP server, choose Archive Files on FTP Server. If the indicator is not set, the files are archived in the Adapter Engine file system

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/content.htm

Regards

Chilla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chilla ,

thanks for ur reply..ok i set processing mode as archive and after that files processed are moved to archived directory right?my question is where we create this archive directory.i hope u understand my prob..,,

regards

joshi

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

u wud have specificed the FTP IP location right? there u can create a directory for archieving and specify it in the adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am ausing NFS..

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi prabhu,

after we created a direstory,where excatly we have to give that directory name in file adapter..

regards

joshi

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if u had created a archeive diorectory then specify it in the archeive file path in the file adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In windows, i mean on Xi server you would have to create the archive folder, how to create if you are able to create then see below

http://www.altools.net/Portals/0/support/alzip/ALZip_6/zip_add_02_add_create_archives.htm

if you are not having any authorization to create , better to contact basis team.

Regards

Chilla