cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Y axes and X axes should have measures

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a requirement where the Y axes and X axes should have measures and based on the input control for Year the chart should display results for different years dynamically.

Can anyone please suggest on how to plot a column chart to get measures on both axes for this requirement.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Vidya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you for your inputs.

I created the column header for measures(which form my category axis) as  a dimension variable and used the actual measures in value axis and "Region color"  has the input control dimension based on which the graph will display different  values. That was the only option I could think of and it is giving desired output but there is another issue created due to this.

Its that, If I Choose "all values" in my input control, the number of bars I can see is ;say 3 years of data(year and month so ,36 columns ) which is looking messy.

I have to display the sum of data based on input control selection.

Lets consider

01.2014 = 10

02.2014 = 5

03.2014 =4

Say User chooses; 01.2014 and 02.2014 then the chart should sum up the values and show it in the same bar as "15", rather than showing both in separate bars in column chart. I tried using stacked chart  but that doesn't work either.

I have an  idea where in I can sum up all the columns in the table and display only the row which has summed up values but not sure how to hide rest of the rows.

Can anyone please advise on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vidyashree ,

Can you share the required output .

What are your measures (X-axis & Y-axis) .

You can try creating variable and using it in a chart as mention by Raju & Sateesh ,

but how the Data-Bar will plot on this chart .

Your measure can have projection function sum or another aggregation function .

sateesh_kumar1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Vidya ,

We can create a detail variable with the second measure and use it in chart .

But if the measure has different data points then chart would be awkward .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vidyashree ,

Please first create a variable  which required in X Axis  with Dimension as qualification

and use this variable in category Axis in Chart

Regards,

Raju Kushwaha