Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

WORK center Activity types

Dear Expert

kindly  i have an issue during assigning the activity types for the work center

i  have one work center --  Technician001

and my  customer want to assign 6 activity types  as following :   MEchanic -  Electric - work shop charg hand -  G.b Tech - H.D - Field  service Mang

till now this ok and can be done but the problem  ..  that  the ( work shop charg hand - field service Mang. ) will never working in maintenance order so i will not assign these activity types to an order and according to this i will not make a confirmation  which will cause to not calculate the cost of these activities

and my  customer want to  charge  every maintenance order with the cost of   these activities  what is the best solution i  can do here

Thanks in Advance

Hossam Ghanem

Hi Hossam

This is a good example of overhead cost calculation. So you can add a percentage (say 5% of labor costs) or a constant amount on top of your labor costs. The calculation is configured by Finance in the costing sheet and applied to different order types. It is obvious that you will need some approximations/assumptions for  this. For example, your manager's and other office resources' (engineers, reliability team etc.) costs was 100K last year. And your total maintenance order costs was 1M. Therefore 10% Overhad Surcharge will be logical for this year.

The following site has all the detailed information you may need:

Overhead Cost Controlling (CO-OM) - SAP Library

The SAP PM/CS side of the story is pretty much the same but you need to run one more transaction before cost settlement in order to calculate the surcharges: KGI2

What I suggest is get some Finance Help to set up the Costing Sheet for the surcharges. Ihope this helps.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question