Did you mean: 

WORK center Activity types

former_member227943
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Expert

kindly  i have an issue during assigning the activity types for the work center

i  have one work center --  Technician001

and my  customer want to assign 6 activity types  as following :   MEchanic -  Electric - work shop charg hand -  G.b Tech - H.D - Field  service Mang

till now this ok and can be done but the problem  ..  that  the ( work shop charg hand - field service Mang. ) will never working in maintenance order so i will not assign these activity types to an order and according to this i will not make a confirmation  which will cause to not calculate the cost of these activities

and my  customer want to  charge  every maintenance order with the cost of   these activities  what is the best solution i  can do here

Thanks in Advance

regards

Hossam Ghanem

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

S0022314014
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hossam

Will this be a correct understanding of what you wrote:

1) Some of the labor costs will be charged immediately on the work order by time confirmation.

2) Some of the costs (like management, office rents etc) should indirectly be shown on the work orders.

Is this a correct understanding of what you want?

Regards

Savas

former_member227943
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Savas

Thanks In Advance

yes but not office rent or this stuff ,,  but the maintenance supervisor he located in the workshop in each project so the customer want to  trigger the cost  of the maintenance manger  and charge it on the  each maintenance order ..  but the case that the maintenance manager not working directly  ( by his hands ) in the maintenance except in  few few cases ..  but as a general  he supervise on the lower level 

regards

Hossam

S0022314014
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hossam

This is a good example of overhead cost calculation. So you can add a percentage (say 5% of labor costs) or a constant amount on top of your labor costs. The calculation is configured by Finance in the costing sheet and applied to different order types. It is obvious that you will need some approximations/assumptions for  this. For example, your manager's and other office resources' (engineers, reliability team etc.) costs was 100K last year. And your total maintenance order costs was 1M. Therefore 10% Overhad Surcharge will be logical for this year.

The following site has all the detailed information you may need:

Overhead Cost Controlling (CO-OM) - SAP Library

The SAP PM/CS side of the story is pretty much the same but you need to run one more transaction before cost settlement in order to calculate the surcharges: KGI2

What I suggest is get some Finance Help to set up the Costing Sheet for the surcharges. Ihope this helps.

regards

Savas

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

pm_onesteel
Explorer
0 Kudos

if you want to see a breakup of costs including the workshop charge hand, then you must confirm hours against the work order with that activity type.

you do not need to assign the activity type to the work order, you should be able to change it in the confirmation screen of IW41 at the time of confirmation.

Other than that you could journal costs to the order under that activity type, but a confirmation would be much easier.

Someone will have to do something, or it cant get there.

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hossam,

Sorry I am bit confused with your request.

Can you please confirm whether work shop charg hand - field service Mang these activities should be costed or not.

If you want these activities not to be costed, then you dont maintain KP26 value.

Your statement says, you will not use the activities, but your client wants to use it ???? What does it mean...

Regards

Terence

former_member227943
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Maria

i mean that the manager of the work shop will never assigned on a specific operation  but his cost  ( man day ) must be charged on each maintenance order .. 

regards

Hossam Ghanem

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hossam,

Unless you confirm in the operation you will not get the cost calculated for the order.

Also you can setup overhead cost (costing variants) for cost related to manager etc.

Also you can check with FI, whether they can post a entry against this Manager for this work order, i dont see any other options available to calculate the cost of the person who does not work on the work order.

Regards

Terence