Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality Score to be Maintained Manaully in Usage Decision

former_member184752
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

During Executing Usage Decision

When we enter the Usage Decision Code A- 01 ( Accept )

The Quality Score Comes by default as 100

Since the Quality Score has been maintained with Codes/Code Group/Selected Set

Q -- Can we maintain the Quality Score manually during Usage Decision ?

if So please assist , since during UD the Area of Quality Score is grayed out & Quality Score is mandatory filed in Selected Set

the Business Needs this for Vendor Evaluation process to Rate/Evaluate the Vendor

Regard's

Tallha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohd,

I believe "Quality Score" is a SAP defined score linked to UD codes. If you wish to do vendor evaluation based on different quality score, you can create separate Quality score like UD  A = 100 (All good), UD A1 = 95 (Majorly good with some cosmetic issues), UD A2 = 90 (Majorly Good with few reportable issues).... so on, and use the relevant UD code during usage decision.  Similarly, your system already have different UD code "R" with different scores like 1, 20, 50... etc which you can apply in the same way. These scores should be approved by your business stakeholders before you adopt in SAP, and describe the significance for their knowledge.

As per my understanding, this quality score process can't be made manual during UD.

Thanks,

Arijit

former_member184752
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arijt ,

Thanks for your detail feedback ,

I totally agree with all your comments ,

I am having a Live Example , which many industries are facing in day to day business

My scenario :-

1. The Vendor has provided 100 drums , and testing required by QM to release
  2. Eg :- Business gets 100 Drums  , they do inspection for 10-15  drums as per procedure (eg drum no 2 , 15, 27 , etc and so on  ).

(Since it wont be possible to do  testing for all individual 100 drums )

1. Now , The Business has done the Result Recording and Confirmed the Usage Decision -- Approved for all 100 drums
  2. Next , while Issuing the Drums to the Shopfloor , it is learnt that out of remaining 85 drums from 100 drums , 20 more drums are not proper , they have some issues - minor defects , but they can be used on the Shop-floor
  3. The Business  need this to capture and note these faulty drums  and do some notifications , so that they can  evaluate Concern Vendor and give them rating ( good, bad, poor ) For their Vendor Evaluation .
  4. So how to capture this scenario -- for Vendor Evaluation after issuing the goods to Shop-floor .

Regard's

Tallha

Ayoub_Habchi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Tallha,

After you issue the goods to shop floor,  you can use quality notification process to manage defected materials. This process can help you trigger complaints against vendor and influence your evaluation.

Regards,

Ayoub.

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes! For such business scenario there is no need to change UD or update quality scores lot to lot manually. It was on sampling basis that you inspected the consignment and the process was completed there. For evaluating vendor on Quality as main criteria there could be below 3 sub criteria,

1. GR  - Here the UD scores play vital role
  2. Quality Audit
  3. Complaints - This is covered under notification part.

I found below link which explains the concept in detail.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/ce/77b6535fe6b74ce10000000a174cb4/content.htm

So in your case the vendor has performed well at point number 1 but not so good for point 3. You should set the proper weightage for above criteria (ME61) as per your business importance to such events.

Anand

former_member184752
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ayoub,

Can you please elaborate the Process for Notification Process for Triggering Complaints against Vendor 

The Step  by step process to execute this

Regard's

Tallha

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree with Arijit here! UD scores can't be made manual. I'm curious to know how you evaluate the vendors when the criteria is so dynamic? If it becomes possible then it would be completely based on user's perception to put the score as he/she wishes! Will that be a proper valuation? Just a my thought!

Anand

arunsapqm
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Pls check this link also Quality Score In SAP QM

Thanks in advance