cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Method 'QUERY_CUSTOM_ATTRIBUTES' not implemented in data provider class.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

in the extend CA_FIORI_INBOX app, we are getting the below error message.

Method 'QUERY_CUSTOM_ATTRIBUTES' not implemented in data provider class.

What is the best solution to avoid this error ??

thanks,

Shinto Joseph

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

LeonardoGomez
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Shinto,

I came across the same issue. I believe is a standard code error but I found a workaround.This happens because TASKPROCESSING service V2 implements the custom attribute functionality which is not present in V1. When you create your enhancement service, your new service will be V1. Then at runtime, the system appears to use your enhacement with V1 of TASKPROCESSING, instead of V2.
An easy way to fix this is to create a new service version for your enhancement service, so it has a V2. You don't need to create another model, you just create the service and assign it to the same existing model. If you then work with the V2 of your service the system will call V2 of TASKPROCESSING and the custom attribute functionality will be implemented.
Kind regards,
Leonardo.

SB9
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Even if I extend the V2 Task Processing Service but I still face the same problem. Following is the definition of my service which extends upon version 2 of /IWPGW/TASKPROCESSING

And I am still getting the error - "Method 'QUERY_CUSTOM_ATTRIBUTES' not implemented in data provider class.

LeonardoGomez
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Sorry, that was not what I meant.

Go to SPRO --> SAP Netweaver --> Gateway Service Enablement --> Backend OData Channel --> Service Development for Backend OData Channel --> Maintain Service.

You have to create a version 2 of your service exactly the same as your version 1. You will click on Assign Model and assign it to the version 1 of your model.

Then go to /IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE and bring your new version of the service. Remember to use the v=2 suffix in your app when calling the oData service.

That should work.

Regards,

Leonardo.

cmetz
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

SB9
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

cmetz
Participant
0 Kudos

I just redefined this method (so that it is empty) in SEGW. Solved my problem, cause i didnt need this.

SB9
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Christoph. I redefined the method and it solved the issue.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Shinto,

It there any code in the method 'QUERY_CUSTOM_ATTRIBUTES'?

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Masa,

We have just redefined the TASKPROCESSING, V2 oData Service, data is coming for TaskCollection and ScenarioCollection, but when we try from launch pad we are getting this error. because in launchpad its using $expand=CustomAttributes,

or

how can I comment that expand in an extended CA_FIORI_INBOX application ?

Thanks,

Shinto

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Shinto,

Is $expand=CustomAttributes also called in the standard app?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes its called in standard app as well.

We haven't changed anything in the extended app.

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Shinto,

Please compare the method code in your extended one with the standard one.

Regards,