Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro application WDK_SPOOL_TO_PDF does not exist

Duy_Le_-_Islet_
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are testing NWBC for HTML printing feature on ECC 6.0 EHP7 (SAP_BASIS 740, kernel 742) but it does not work. I activated frontend_print service and created device type PDF1. However, after the configuration, the printing does not work as I tested in web browsers (IE, Firefox and Chrome).

In Internet Explorer, I have the following error:

With Firefox, I saw the following error message:

I checked ABAP Development Workbench and realized that the WDK_SPOOL_TO_PDF does exist. However, the corresponding service WDK_SPOOL_TO_PDF does not exist in SICF transaction.

I would be grateful for any contribution to troubleshoot the problem.

Best regards,

Duy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Duy,

I found in my system which is having Version: SAP_BASIS 731 SP Level 0012 (ECC 6.0) even this is lower version than yours. 

Please check below things

1. WDY_APPLICATION table has this entry exist or not. 

2. Check Business functions via SFW5 transaction: BC_SRV_STW_01, BC_SRV_STW_02, BC_SRV_STW_03 is activated or not

Regards

Saireddy

Duy_Le_-_Islet_
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Saireddy,

The business functions you mentioned have been activated, but I cannot find the entry for WDK_SPOOL_TO_PDF in WDY_APPLICATION table.

Regards,

Duy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Duy,

Check whether this WD Component#WDK_SPOOL_TO_PDF exist in your system or not via SE80 transaction

Regards

Saireddy

Duy_Le_-_Islet_
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, as I mentioned in the original post, WDK_SPOOL_TO_PDF can be found in ABAP Development Workbench (SE80).

Regards,

Duy

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can create the Web dynpro application component with Access key with attachment

Duy_Le_-_Islet_
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you suggest that I need to change the WDK_SPOOL_TO_PDF application delivered by SAP? If that is the case, could you please clarify what exactly I need to change?

Regards,

Duy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Duy,

I suggested to create the Webdynpro application of WD component: WDK_SPOOL_TO_PDF then automatically will create entry in table:WDY_APPLICATION & SICF transaction.

Steps as below

1. Go to SE80->Open the Webdynpro Component: WDK_SPOOL_TO_PDF

2. Right click on Webdynrpo component->Create->Webdynpro Application with name: WDK_SPOOL_TO_PDF

3. It will ask Access key.  Please generate the access key with the help of your basis team against the details

4.  As per the screenshot which I shared in already provide the details

Regards

Saireddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the issue resolved then please update as "Answered"

Duy_Le_-_Islet_
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply. I have just configured and tested the creation of WDK_SPOOL_TO_PDF Application according to your instruction and it's work now.

Best regards,

Duy

Answers (0)