cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order reason in sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I heard from one of my colleague that order reason in sales order can determine the terms of payment and discount in sales order automatically.

Is that true? Because from my understanding order reason only be used for sales reporting purpose. Terms of payment is only determined from the customer master data.

Please let me know your thought regarding this.

Regards,

Leonardo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member218251
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Leonardo

I think one of the 2 statements is right:

Can the payment term be set using the order reason: Most probably not without programming.

Can discounts be determined using the order reason: Sure.

In the access sequence you can use this to determine prices, etc. For example table A860 can be used here.

If you want to use the order reason, without too much ABAP work, you can set this in the copy control from sales order to billing. Here you can change the header routine.

Downside is that you will have another payment term in the billing doc, and this does not allow manual payment terms in the sales order.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
order reason only be used for sales reporting purpose

Not so in all the cases.  Few clients are making use of this field to have different FI postings in case of returns for which, you can add this field in VKOA for required Account Determination.

G. Lakshmipathi

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You are right and your colleague is wrong if we talk about SAP standard. Using ABAP almost everything is possible in SAP.

Thank$

former_member200027
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Leonardo,

In standard system, payment terms are determined from customer master data of payer in sales order. I have not seen a case that payment terms are determined by order reason in standard
system.

But of course, if needed, customer could implement his own logic(modification) to make payment

term determine from order reason.

Best regards,

Crystal Lin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you have a requirement in which order reason is needed por particular process, you can very well use it in userexits & formulas.It depends on your requirements.

Regards,

JM