cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add link on Homepage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How can I add a new link to the top header menu on the xmii homepage (localhost/Lighthammer).. This link should show up next to the logout, refresh links. I found a file called Homepage_Username which had the logout and refresh lines but when I added a new <a> tag I did not see any updates.

Thanks,

Mahwish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Mahwish,

There's two possibilities for what you are asking and one is significantly easier than the other...so we'll start with the easy one.

1) In the xMII Menu click on Portal Services -> Navigation

Under content display tabs add your link and click Save

Then click the 'Refresh' link at the top right of the page

The More complex approach (Be sure you backup files before making changes)

2) If you want the text to appear next to Logout/Change Password/Refresh....

In FrontPage open the following xsl on the xMII server

http://<Servername>/Illuminator/Stylesheets/DynamicHomePageLibrary.xsl

Around line 167 you'll see the various entries for the homepage.

Hope that this helps.

-Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sam, your suggestion helped out as usual.

I was able to create a new linkk next to the logout button which takes me back to another app. Now, I am wondering if I can incorporate the redirection to this new app in the logout button itself.

Basically we have a link to the xmii login screen from lets say App1, and the new button on the mii home page takes me back to App1 (the user can go back and forth). Is there a way I can incorporate the redirection into the logout button. So that their mii session is killed before they are returned to App1. I guess I would have to change the relogin.jsp file in the C:\ServletExec AS\se-xMII\webapps\default folder but want to reconfirm before making any changes.

Thanks!

Mahwish

0 Kudos

Mahwish,

I you are planning on re-working any JSP pages to add additional functionality I recommend saving that page with another name and then modifying it, keeping the original unchanged. Then the link can read "App1" but link to "CustomJSP.jsp" instead of Relogin.jsp. Also these pages will work in v12 simply by including them in your project, making it much easier to work with them. Hope this helps.

-Sam

Answers (0)