Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Selected set code does not exist, or data entered is incomplete

former_member207039
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am new to QM area and trying to set-up inspection against outbound delivery.

I have done following settings-

1) Inspection plan in a single plant A and assigned material from other plants, say B and C, to this inspection plan. The plan is created with usage 6.

2) Delivery type and delivery category against inspection origian 10.

3) for plant A, maintained set 10 with set codes for code group A, with calues for Accepted and rejected codes.

4) In the inspection typeconfiguration, "UD selected set" as 10, Tick for "selected set in same plant" is active.

5) Create sales order and outbound delivery. The inspection lot is created and results are recorded.

Problem - when I try to take UD, The UD code is not available for selection. Instead, I am getting error "Selected set code does not exist, or data entered is incomplete".

Possible solution -

1) Remove tick for "selected set in same plant"

2) Maintain set 1 for plant B and plant C

which way should be more logical?

Appreciate quick response and points will be awarded to correct responses.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This depends and opinions may vary person to person! My personal suggestion would be to have selected set in same plant tick active. It is always better to design plant wise separate codes using QS51 to avoid confusion in which code pertains to what!! It also helps users to display only that plant relevant codes while giving UD.

Anand

former_member207039
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Anand,

I agree with you. However, we have selected the other option due to time constrains and huge list of plants.

Nancy
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If you have the same UD codes across plants, the first option would be better so that you don't need to create the same selected set on every plant.

former_member207039
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nancy,

Both of these options are genuine and only the situation can decide which one to choose. And the choice of right vs right is always diffuclt to make

Anyways, thanks for the repsonse. It does help to get better evaluation.

Answers (0)