cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM Subcontracting Central Contract

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus!

I think that I know the answer, but somebody find the way to manage and create Subcontracting Contracts into SRM?

Best,

Gax

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaston,

I was reading about this feature a while ago, I'll tell you what I find, maybe it help you.

The subcontracting components you provide to the supplier are based on a bill of material (BOM) for the product that is stored in the SAP ERP system. Therefore, subcontracting in SRM system is limited to fulfilling requirements that are based on purchase requisitions created in SAP ERP where the component data is available.

In sourcing, the subcontracting requisition can be sourced against a suitable subcontracting contract.

You have to activated the following business functions:

In SPRO you have to activated it: Public Sector Mng --> Procurement for Public Sector --> Activate restricted subcontracting.

And you have to use ECS.

You can use this functionality in the following business scenarios:

Public Sourcing and tendering

Contract management

Operational procurement.

Why is restricted subcontracting?

When you create a purchase order from a purchase requisition in SAP ERP, you can change the subcontracting components in the purchase order because the system can access the data stored in the BOM. In SAP SRM, however, you cannot change the subcontracting components in the purchase order because the system cannot access the data stored in the BOM. If you want to change the subcontracting components, you must proceed as follows:

1. In the SAP ERP system, change the components in the purchase requisition or the bill of material.
  2. In the SAP SRM system, create a new line item in the purchase order with reference to the changed line item in the purchase requisition.

After the purchase order is replicated to the SAP ERP system, follow-on activities, such as inventory management activities, should be done in SAP ERP.

Kind Regards

Answers (0)