Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting error while accessing the message monitoring

giridhar_vegi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

I had a scenario where i need to integrate the data between the non-sap and srm. here the communication is asynchronous and message is getting processed sucessfully at the srm side due to some additional character. so i want to edit the message in pi and then i need to reprocess it again .for this i go to the message monitoring to edit the message. but i am getting the following error

message editor can only be used for executable,asynchronous xi messages with errors. please suggest me

and i am using the pi 7.0 version

Thanks

Giridhar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

rubanprasanth_s
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Girdhar,

In your case you can make use of Runtime Work Bench.

Step 1: Take the input payload ( before mapping ) from SXMB_MONI in XI.

Step 2: SXMB_IFR  -> Browser will be opening with all Java Component.

Step 3: Navigate to Runtime Workbench Link.

Step 4 : Goto Component Monitoring -> Display -> Integration Engine -> Test Message -> Fill all the Mandatory sender detaiils in the template and paste the payload ( after doing manual edition as per your requirement ) in Payload Section. Give your XI Autherisation details.

Step 5 : Send Message.

Now monitor the message in your receiver system.

Regards,
Ruban.S

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi giridhar

If you want to edit a message with errors to correct the errors, in the navigation area, select the part of the header or body that you want to correct and choose Edit Message Part (This graphic is explained in the accompanying text).

This takes you to an editor where you can edit and save the message.

Note 1160974 - RWB: No authorization to start Message Editor

Note 1154368 - Editing messages or payload on sender or receiver

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/c9/775b3b82646c3ae10000000a114084/frameset.htm

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1289861

Regards

Vinita

giridhar_vegi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi vinita

The main thing is my message gets successfully passed through pi but it gets failed at srm. so i need to edit and send the message again from pi.is it possible or not.

Thanks

Giridhar

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Giridhar

It is possible although not recommened specially not in production ..

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2005/11/09/xi-restarting-successfully-proces...

Please check the above and follow the same steps

Regards

Vinita

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Giri,

If the message successful then you cannot edit the message and send from PI, why dont you resend the message from test message in runtime workbench as Inaki mentioned above.

Regards,

Praveen.

giridhar_vegi
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Praveen for your response. i am not able to open the message editor option.so how can i use the test option.

Thanks

Giridhar

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you read praveen's reply, He is asking you to download that payload and then

rwb- > component monitroing -> integration engine -> test message

From here you should be able send the same payload to your receviver system.

rakesh205
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Girdhar,

Are you sure that the message has not been failed into PI.

AS the screenshot you have shared is of integration Engine, it might be the case the that the message has been failed into the Adapter Engine , so please check there also.

And if, the message is successful in A.E and still u want to resend the message then you can get the same payload from the detail view and can trigger it from RWB->Component Monitoring-> test Tab.(But this way is not preferred by SAP)

Eoin_Kierans
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Giridhar,

Can you detail the SP release of the PI system. What is the status of the message in PI?

Regards

Eoin

giridhar_vegi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi eoin

i am pi 7.0 sp09 .Here the message status is success.

Thanks

Giridhar

rakesh205
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Giridhar,

Could you please share the screenshot of detail error msg from Adapter Engine.

giridhar_vegi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

i am getting the above specified error as highlighted in the screenshot.

Thanks

Giridhar

rakesh205
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Girdhar,

Could you please share the monitoring detail of Adapter engine.

As I can see in the screenshot its of Integration Engine.

Cheers,
Rakesh

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Girhar,

You can only edit/reprocess erroneous messages. Try to enter by adapter engine, not by Integration Server. Can you check if in the sxi_monitor (Abap Engine) the message is erroneous or not?.

Depending your scenario you can take the payload and to send it via RWB for example.

Regards.

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Giridhar,

You can only edit on failed messages not on successful messages. You need to resend the message again.

Editing message Payload in XI - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

Regards,

Praveen.

giridhar_vegi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen ,

Here is the error i am getting and i am attaching the screenshot. Actually the message get successful from pi but it is failing at the receiver srm due to some special characters. so now i want to edit the message and then i need to resend to the target.

In order to achieve this i need to edit the payload and then i need to reprocess it.so that it will accessed by the srm. while accessing the message editor i am getting the following error .so please suggest me

Thanks

Giridhar