Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Lumira Server for BI Platform, sizing for single-server deployments

Paul1202
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

as I do not find on this (yet) in the Lumira Sizing Guide, I would like to ask the question through this discussion about sizing of the new Lumira Service(s) of LS4BIP when installing on a single-server deployment :

For the initial testing of LS4BIP, I'm planning to install LS4BIP on our Sandbox on of the next days. This Sandbox (BI 4.1 SP5.2) had 20GB of memory.

In the LS4BIp Admin-guide, I read 16GB of memory is the minimum, 32GB is recommended. So, in order to prepare the LS4BIP-install, we have added 32GB to our Sandbox (so now it has 52GB).

Now I wonder how much memory I will need to give to the newly to-be-added Lumira-service(s) in CMC ?

Anybody who can recommend something on this ?

Many thanks,

Eddy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

when installed, the default lumira service has an -Xmx of 10Gb of RAM . FYI - i answered a similar question over here

If you check out the lumira sizing guidelines   under the heading "Sizing SAP Lumira Server for Teams" - those are your guidelines for "Lumira Server for BIPLatform" as an Add-On to your existing BI landscape.

Regards,

H

mrwong05
Participant

HI henry.banks ,

I have a BIP loaded onto a AWS Instance with 32 GB of RAM, but my Lumira server is only utilizing 500MB free Memory of 9GB MAx memory. Lumira OpenDocuments seem to be very slow to load/operate. Is there anything I can do to increase the memory utilization?

Thanks,

Matt

Answers (0)