cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Account Group to differenciate different customers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm planning to use different Account Groups to create customer master data for different customers such as domestic customers, export customers, intercompany customers, one-time customers, and others.

I'm utilizing the different number ranges to differentiate all these different customers.

Can anyone share besides using number ranges, what other good recommendations of the functions from Account Group that can be used to give better differentiation when creating customer master data for these customers.

Thank you

Regards,

Anthony.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nothing else account group and number range are enough.

0 Kudos

HI, anthony

account group has three basic functionalities

1.whether to make the field mandatory or display or suppress or optional in customer master

2.the number ranges

3.partner function that if create customer with 0001 account group we get 4 partner functions

regards/shakeel

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

With different Account Groups, you can differentiate the master data settings like certain fields can be set as mandatory for domestic customers whereas it can be an optional for export customers.

G. Lakshmipathi

pardhreddyc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

This is to just identify the customer that you are entertaining.I mean Trade or Non trade customers.

In our organization we are using the number range starts with state code.

For example AP09TD00345

Here AP09 means , customer belongs to a ANANTHAPUR city of andhrapradesh (Just like RTA Code)  and TD means Trade and 345 is running serial number.

Here you can keep account group based on sale functionality and with respect to  city code or sales office or sales district, so that it will very easy for sales officers to recognize the customer by looking at SAP customer code.

Regards,

Pardhu