Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPF Action with Popup in SAP CRM WEB UI

axel_brke3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello SAP community,

I am struggeling to implement a current requirement and hope there is someone who can help me.

Here's what I want to do:

Whenever a specific PPF Action is executed in the toolbar, I would like to present a popup asking for some user input. Once the user input is given, the action is executed with some action logic based on the user input (Email adress in my case).

I have seen the SPRO activitity "Set up Dialog Box for Actions (CRM WebClient)", however it seems that this function does not apply for actions executed in the toolbar, but only in the corresponding assignment block via Component GSACTIONS. The method cl_crm_uiu_action_call_views=>check_for_view_navigation that does read out this SPRO activity is not getting called when the action is triggered via the toolbar.

I believe I could re-build the logic from scheduling in into my IncidentOV View but this seems like a major task to me for such a small thing.

Does anyone have some advise on how this could be done in a better way?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

axel_brke3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear community,

I was able to solve this. Maybe this is helpful for someone else:

• I created a new component and view for the Popup
  • I enhanced the IMPL class of Component AIC_INCIDENT_H View OV (This is where the action button is located)
  • I implemented a method GET_ACTION_CONFIGURATION that fetches the currently available actions (see superclass, call cl_ai_crm_action_helper=>get_action_configuration).
  • The actions are scheduled in Event EH_ONDYNACTION -> Enhance this event
  • In the event, call method cl_crm_uiu_action_call_views=>check_for_view_navigation (this needs to be configured according to SPRO activity "Set up Dialog Box for Actions (CRM WebClient)"
  • Trigger the popup
  • In the Event EH_ONDONE in the popup, execute cl_crm_uiu_action_call_views=>action_trigger_from_view( it_cont_values = lt_params )

I know this is very basic, but this should get you started.

daniel_kosfeld2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Axel

I had the same "problem", and this helped me a lot. Thanks!!!

Daniel

Answers (0)