cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMIS_2011 SP04 SLT Question

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Good Afternoon

My team is planning to do replication based on SLT , our DMIS add ons for SLT is DMIS_2011 SP04.

After doing some research i found statement on a few PDF file that is written " With DMIS_2011 SP05 , SLT Allows replication to SAP HANA and SAP BW"

I need some guidance whether with our current level DMIS . Is it possible to do replication from MS SQL 2008 through SLT for later to be taken into data provisioning for our HANA system.

If this is possible, with our current DMIS level. Can i know whether what is the difference between using SP05 and SP04 ?..

Thanx for the guidance and advice.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

candy_zhan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Nikolas,

You can use non-SAP MSSQL as the source system for DMIS 2011 SP4.
The corrections and enhancements in DMIS 2011 SP5 are below:

• SAP LT Replication Server as ODQ provider to enable connectivity to SAP BW and SAP Business Objects Data Services

• Framework to decluster HR cluster tables on the SLT system

• The create screen in LTR is changed to a Guided Procedure with enhanced checks and more detailed messages.

• Job Class, User and Execution Server can be defined for a configuration

• New Naming Convention for SLT Jobs: All jobs start with /1LT/ (see below)

• One composite master job which handles all active configurations (configuration is active if flag is set on IUUC_REPL_HDR).

• An additional master job is started for system event SAP_SYSTEM_START which ensures that the master job is started automatically after a restart of the SLT System.

• Archive Deletes can be excluded if the Archive process runs on a dedicated server.

• An authority group can be set for a configuration to control the access on configuration level

• You can define data fields that should be part of logging table. This may be required if the field value is required for filter. In addition you can define that the additinal fields are used in the delete statement (required for performance reasons if table is partitioned based on non key fields).

• A deviating RFC or Database connection can be defined for the initial load (if there is a clone system with the same data)

• New expert function to change change the password of a DB connection to HANA or add additional hosts to the receiver connection (required for failover scenario)

• Display trigger code function enhanced to see both generated trigger code and current trigger code

• Enahnced usability in transaction LTRC (enhanced documentation, Unnecessary technical information is hidden)

• Framework to define replication content templates

However both SP4 and SP5 are too old.

Best regards,
Candy Zhan

Answers (0)