Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank Charges in bank statement not posted to cost center

petermeid
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

when uploading an MT940 bank statement with automatically recognized bank charges within the item the systems doesn't post these bank charges to cost center!

An exampel Step by Step:

• bank statement upload with 1 item: incoming bank transfer to pay an open item of 749,70 EUR. Customer pays whole amount, but the bank reduces the payment 4,00 EUR due to bank charges. The Bank statement looks like the one in file_1 (appendixes). Here I did the same process manually. G/L Account for bank charges is 497000.
  • Business Configuration WoC - Fine Tuning Activity Mandatory Account Assignment - Edit Mandatory Account Assignments for G/L Accounts: I added a row with Account Assignment Type CC fo G/L-Account 497000 (see file_2)
  • General Ledger WoC - Companies View - Actions Button - Set Defaults for G/L Accounts: I added a row with Cost Center ID für G/L Account 497000 (see file_3)

Result: The bank charges are not posted to cost center.

But our customer wants those bank charges to be posted to cost center. How can I configure this business case.

Thanks for helping.

Best Regards
Peter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Dear Peter,

during bank statement creation this is not possible to enter a cost center (this UI supports you in entering the bank statement) .

What you can do instead:

1. Repost the bank charges with a manual JEV.

2. Do the assignment in the payment allocation (do not provide the bank charges in the UI field). Remark: you need to do this with the "other alloactions"

Maybe it is worth an idea in the SAP ideasplace?

Best regards

Marlene

petermeid
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Marlene,

thanks a lot! Please excuse me, but what is a manual JEV?

Your proposal would also be my work around. But in that case I have to engange manually to do the assignment in the payment allocation whereas the process would work completely automatically ... if there just wouldn't be this issue.

BTW: To fullfill this process as required it would not be necessary to enter a cost center in the UI of the bank statment. All necessary information is provided:

• Account Determination for bank charges to be posted to G/L Account 497000
  • Mandatory Account Assignment für G/L Account to Account Assignment Typ CC
  • Default cost center for G/L-Account 497000

They "only" have to be considered by the bank statement posting.

So, yes, this would be an idea to be published in the idea place and it is even published there: D18392. I'm curious if one day it will be considered.

Best Regards

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Manual JEV in this case indicates the bank charges which is already posted you need to select this GL account  in line 1 of manual journal entry voucher and in the line 2 you need to again select the same account but this time you can add the cost center to it for the same amount.

So by the end of the posting this  GL account will have balance and also assigned to a cost center to it.

Thanks

Lokesh Sharma

petermeid
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Lokesh,

ahh, JEV = Journal Entry Voucher ... I'm sorry, it was just the short cut I was not able to handle.

Of course I know what a journal entry is and I already proposed this work around to my customer.

Thanks a lot

Best Regards

Peter

Answers (0)