Bank Charges in bank statement not posted to cost center
when uploading an MT940 bank statement with automatically recognized bank charges within the item the systems doesn't post these bank charges to cost center!
An exampel Step by Step:
- bank statement upload with 1 item: incoming bank transfer to pay an open item of 749,70 EUR. Customer pays whole amount, but the bank reduces the payment 4,00 EUR due to bank charges. The Bank statement looks like the one in file_1 (appendixes). Here I did the same process manually. G/L Account for bank charges is 497000.
- Business Configuration WoC - Fine Tuning Activity Mandatory Account Assignment - Edit Mandatory Account Assignments for G/L Accounts: I added a row with Account Assignment Type CC fo G/L-Account 497000 (see file_2)
- General Ledger WoC - Companies View - Actions Button - Set Defaults for G/L Accounts: I added a row with Cost Center ID für G/L Account 497000 (see file_3)
Result: The bank charges are not posted to cost center.
But our customer wants those bank charges to be posted to cost center. How can I configure this business case.
Thanks for helping.
Marlene Katzschner replied
during bank statement creation this is not possible to enter a cost center (this UI supports you in entering the bank statement) .
What you can do instead:
1. Repost the bank charges with a manual JEV.
2. Do the assignment in the payment allocation (do not provide the bank charges in the UI field). Remark: you need to do this with the "other alloactions"
Maybe it is worth an idea in the SAP ideasplace?