cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP Production issue with data acceptance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Scenario is SOAP to RFC synch (using SOAP 1.1).

In development and Quality environment  its working fine.But in Production when try to send data through PI, request part means, SOAP -->PI-->RFC is working fine but when try to send response data from RFC--> PI--> SOAP its not accepting in the sender server (they are using VB.Net), but no error is showing in PI server and behaviour exact same in all environment.

Below is the error in request server,

"Record Inserted Successfully.

The content type text/xml;charset=utf-8 of the response message does not match the content type of the binding(application/soap+xml;chsrset=utf-8).If using a customer encoder."  .

From PI prospective configuration are same in all environment.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Arthita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If Source VB.Net guys not willing to change their SOAP protocol in their production system, then you can try with Mark Dihiansan's article concept:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/80104882-c7a8-2f10-c3a3-81f182917...

Best Regards,

Praveen Gujjeti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Thanks for your reply.

Could you please highlight anything about mentioned discrepancy.

Attached SS again for your reference.

Now I'm stuck with this point.

Thanks,

Arthita

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arthita,

Well, as already pointed out by other forum members, the difference among VB.Net environments is SOAP 1.1 and 1.2 protocol

SOAP 1.2 --> is from VB.Net Production system

SOAP 1.1 --> is from VB.Net Test system

And these details are well documented in Mark's article (page no 11): How To Use SOAP 1.1 1.2 and HTTP POST for Web Services Integration

In my opinion, VB.Net production system should change their protocol to SOAP 1.1

Else if they are not willing to change etc.., follow Mark's article and build required SOAP1.2 envelope in SAP PI for response for production system

//BR,

Praveen Gujjeti

Message was edited by: Praveen Gujjeti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

In Legacy Production system they are using same code as Quality (Version SOAP 1.1 in both environment) and also in SAP PI. But when received response back from PI, that red hilighted string is missing. So, my confusion is , though my PI configurations are same in all environment then why legacy system received response differently?How to overcome? 

Need to modify something in SAP PI PRD?

Thanks,

Arthita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Any clue?

Thanks,

Arthita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess its a typo error in Production.

Please have a look at the log which you have initially given in red:

"chsrset=utf-8"

Its not chsrset, rather its charset = utf-8 in response

Regards,

Souvik

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arhita,

If the problem is with the content type you can try to change it with the adapter MessageTransformBean. Check the first point in this blog http://scn.sap.com/people/gabrielsagayaselvam.panneerselvam/blog/2009/12/07/standard-adapter-framewo...

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

Thanks for your reply.But this interface already in production and in other interface also following this  approach  successfully.

In that interface, QTY and PRD all configuration are same but Legacy System saying, receiving response are different in two environment,below is the discrepancy,

Difference of response between two server is marked in red.

Any clue why this appearing differently?How to overcome?

Thanks,

Arthita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Any suggestion?

Thanks,

Arthita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arthita

Please generate the WSDL from sender agreement or ICO in Quality and Production.

Check whether there are any mismatch in the WSDL files in both the enevironment.May be the production environment is not calling the updated WSDL.

Thanks,

Indrajit

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Below is the error in request server,

"Record Inserted Successfully.

The content type text/xml;charset=utf-8 of the response message does not match the content type of the binding(application/soap+xml;chsrset=utf-8).If using a customer encoder."  .

Can you try using MessageTransformBean and place after the Call Adapter step in the RFC receiver CC? The idea is to transform the content-type from the response message to application/soap+xml;charset=utf-8.

PS: Are you sure you are really using SOAP 1.1? The content-type looks like SOAP 1.2 to me.

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mark,

Yes,in communication channel I'm using SOAP 1.1.

All ready in other interface same approach is working.And need to use SOAP 1.1.And this message is showing not in PI server, its showing in from where data trigged. 

Thanks,

Arthita

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then in that case, are you able to confirm that there is nothing wrong with the code in prod?

Regards,

Mark

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arthita,

The client is using SOAP 1.2 and SAP PI we are using SOAP 1.1 that is why this error occurs.

PI is sending the response with content type text.xml;charset=utf-8 but the .Net client is expecting SOAP1.2 protocol and content type application/soap+xml; charset=utf-8.

So ask them to change the config in their side. I think it is under web.config

Regards,

Praveen.