Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiori PO approval with custom workflow

lauraquinterosa
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Masayuki Sekihara and experts,

Our clients wants to replace SAP GUI PO approval UI with Fiori PO approval UI.

We use Portal 7.4 as the central point of access and all workitems are managed via UWL.

What would I have to change in the workflows' task that performs the release of the PO in order to make it fit for Fiori?

I'm trying to put all pieces together but I can't make it work.

I've already changed the WF and approval task (replace the task that calls BOR BUS2012 by a dummy task type activity that calls a redefinition of BOR: ZBUS2012 with an extra dummy method and events for Approve and Reject actions.

I've implemented a Badi for enh. spot /IWWRK/ES_WF_WI_BEFORE_UP_IB method before_update to send data back from fiori to backend WF.

I assume I have to change some config for Fiori PO approval app to map it to my new task and do the same in Portal 7.4 for UWL configuration?

But, where or how do you set the text that will be displayed in UWL for this Fiori task?

And I don't get to see the workitem in the approver's inbox (SBWP tcode) after creating the PO either. As far as I know this is something that should always occur (seeing the workitem in the approver's inbox regardless of what we use in the end: UWL and/or Fiori).

Any pointers?

Thanks,

Laura

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Laura,

Please explain the differences from the standard approval task

What is the original task ID? TS#####

What is the custom task ID? TS#####

What are differences?

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

lauraquinterosa
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

There is already a custom workflow used for PO approval (created by someone else) and was working. They use a custom standard type task TS95000032 that calls a custom rule that pastes the approver's name back to the PO (in custom field) and in this very task they use under tab "default rule" standard rule for agent determination 20000027.

I replaced this task by another standard type task TS95000096 that calls custom (dummy) method approve_via_fiori in redefined BOR ZBUS2012.

Before calling task TS95000096 I created a container element LINK to hold PO Approval Fori's URL. Then, created standard type task TS95000095 to call a custom class/method to instantiate this variable.

Then, created an container operation step to retrieve Fiori's URL from a table. And finally, I call task TS95000096 as mentioned before.

Those are the differences so far.

I'm stuck with how to link this with the UWL (seeing the actual URL in the inbox for that PO) to go from there to our Fiori app.

Thanks,

Laura

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Laura,

I see the root cause is the custom task TS95000096. You need to adjust the custom task to work with Fiori. Look at the standard task TS20000166 and make required adjustment.

What kind of error do you get when you approve PO from Fiori launchpad?

SAP Fiori LL11 - Consultants should know about OData troubleshooting

Regards,

Masa

lauraquinterosa
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

I'm not getting any errors in the workflow right now.

But I'd to know if there is a way to call the Fiori app for PO approval (via a hyperlink) from the Portal's UWL which is what they are using to centralize all work items that need to be approved.

Is that even possible?

I've tried changing task's description already to display a URL but it gets truncated at character 82 despite I'm using a string data type.

Thanks and regards,

Laura

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Laura,

The same URL you have tested in the launchpad can be used as hyperlink.

The new my Inbox app can be used instead of UWL.

Also Fiori Launchpad can be integrated in Portal.

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

lauraquinterosa
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

I've used already the same URL from Fiori Launchpad for the task description but as mentioned before it gets truncated at character 80th despite of the data type (a variable string). And also it adds some strange character like a carriage return -it seems- in the middle of the URL.

This URL is passed to the workflow via a container variable as it is not helpful hardcoding it because of the sap-client=<your client number here> url's parameter in Fiori Launchpad URL.

I took a look last week already into Fiori My Inbox but the customer doesn't want to replace their Portal UWL by My Inbox and they don't want to integrate Fiori Launchpad into Portal either. They just want to keep using UWL.

Thanks and regards,

Laura

lauraquinterosa
Participant
0 Kudos

Is it possible that when a user clicks in the workitem description, which is the text we see in UWL, to send the user to Fiori app from there (via passing the Fiori Lanuchpad URL somehow)?

Right now the workitem description is tied to the BO associated to the workflow (via the start condition under workflow's basic data -hat icon-) and it leads you to SAP GUI screen.

On the same way, is it possible to change the attachment (BOR) that we see in UWL (and SBWP) to one that leads me to Fiori app instead of the SAP GUI screen?

Thanks and regards,

Laura

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Laura,

I see your question is about techniques in UWL and not for Fiori.

It is about how to include long URL in UWL. You can find several info by search.

If you use email notification, you can include the URL like this.

Regards,

Masa