cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

session client : Only MANDT or CLIENT can be client column?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to use session client in HANA.

I specify a session client for my user, then I go to my attribute view and want to filter according to session client.

However I don't know where to specify my column 'CLIENT1' as the client column.

And I find some words from HANA guide about session client and get confused. 

Does it mean that HANA only filter on column 'MANDT' or 'CLIENT' for session client? Can we manually specify which column is the client column?

Optional Step: To filter and view the table data in the modeled view, which is relevant to a specific client as specified in the table fields, such as, MANDT or CLIENT, at runtime perform the following:

Select the Semantics node, in the Properties pane edit the Default Client property.

Note

The default value for the property is the one that is specified as a preference. At runtime, if the property is set to Session Client then, the value set for the Session Client property while creating a user is used to filter table data. At runtime, if the property is set to Cross Client, the table data is not filtered for any of the systems.

Thanks for any response.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Quick followup.

I didn't find any places why I can specify the client column. But I found something through tapping F1

You can apply filters to the table (data source) only if the table column is according to the following conditions:

• Field name is MANDT or CLIENT.
  • Data type is navchar (3).
  • It is the first field in the table.
  • It is part of primary key for the table.

Answers (0)