Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization to end user for just specific queries in SAP BW.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

i am facing an issue in authorizations, but let me explain what actually i need to do,

i have two info cubes. .i.e. Finance and purchasing.

i want to give authorizations to some users for just three finance queries and for other users two purchasing queries.

E.G

User A = Purchasing. 0PUR_C01_Q015 and 0PUR_C01_Q0016

User B = Finance. 0FIA_C01_Q0012, 0FIA_C01_Q0013 AND 0FIA_C01_Q0014

Please let me know what authorization are needed for this activity?

Any document will be much appreciated.

I tried to give authorization using PFCG, but still with that specific users i am able to all the queries in finance and purchasing cubes. which i don't want, i just want those specific queries.

Please help me.

Regards

Faheem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faheem,

Create a roles for User and add queries in role's menu. Add authorization object S_RS_FOLD in role to disable infoarea field in BEx.

Along with this  add authorization object S_RFC, S_RS_COMP , S_RS_COMP1  and S_RS_AUTH(add proper analysis authorization)  which provide authorization to users to execute the query.

With this setup of authorization, when user will login in BEx he/she will be able to search only those query which is added in roles menu and assigned to him/her.

Thanks-

Guru

8 REPLIES 8

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Faheem

Read up on objects for S_RS_COMP, S_RS_COMP1 and R_RS_AUTH. Between those objects you can restrict the cube access and technical query name

Even better if you have a naming conventions per process area so you can use asterisk (e.g. ZFI* for all finance queries)

What have you tried so far?

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faheem,

Create a roles for User and add queries in role's menu. Add authorization object S_RS_FOLD in role to disable infoarea field in BEx.

Along with this  add authorization object S_RFC, S_RS_COMP , S_RS_COMP1  and S_RS_AUTH(add proper analysis authorization)  which provide authorization to users to execute the query.

With this setup of authorization, when user will login in BEx he/she will be able to search only those query which is added in roles menu and assigned to him/her.

Thanks-

Guru

0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

Thanks for your reply, i followed the steps as you told me.

Please find the attached snapshot.

These are the authorizations which i gave in the role. please check them,

when i put the name of that query i does not show any query

now what happen in Bex is that, when i type *, it gives me all the queries as you can see in snapshot.

and i am confused in role's menu, please tell me what should i select.

Regards,

Faheem.

0 Kudos

Hi Faheem,

You have not mentioned the Infoarea and Infocube name in authorization object S_RS_COM. Please add info area and infocube name based on which your query has been created.

There are Two Ways to add query in role menue.

1. Add URL by Go to Role(pfcg) - > Change mode -> Click on "Other" in Menu Tab - > Select SAP BW Query URL - > Enter URL and description -> Save

2. To add a query -> run RRMX or BEx Analyzer -> Open dialog to Select Query -> Search Query -> Select Query -> You will have a button in the dialog box "Enter in Role". Click -> another dialog appears with Roles. -> Select Desired role

For point2 prerequisite is that you should have access to edit role via object S_USR_AGR in any role and The role where you want to assign query should be assigned to you in Su01.

Thanks-

Guru

0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

Thanks for your prompt help, now i am able to see just two queries, but little problem still exists which is, when i type * it show all the query views,

please find the attached snapshot. and help how can i exclude these query views.

0 Kudos

Hi Faheem,

Please put the technical name of query in the filed "Name (ID) of a reporting compo" of authorization object S_RS_COMP.

If you do not know the technical name of Query, Please contact to BW team they may give you this detail.

Thanks-

Guru

0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

Please find above attached snapshot, i have already assigned the technical name of query, queries problem is fixed, but query view. i don't want to see this.

Regards,

Faheem

0 Kudos

Hi Fahim

Need Two Queries assign to Role

1. 1- 0PUR_C01_Q0005
  2. 2- 0PUR_C01_Q0015_TEST

Tcode : pfcg

Enter new role name and create Single Role

Then Description: text here

Press save button OR  Ctr +S

Go to Menu -> Click + sign to add Transaction 

Type object : RRMX

add queries in role's menu. Add authorization object

S_RS_FOLD in role to disable info-area field in BEx.

Add authorization object

S_RFC

S_USR_AGR

S_RS_COMP

S_RS_COMP1

S_RS_AUTH

Note : Proper analysis authorization which provide authorization to users to execute the query.

Need to run those steps in sequence

You have not mentioned the Info-area and Info-cube name in authorization object S_RS_COM. Please add info-area and info-cube

Note: see last image its working fine with Info Area all authorization status showing above two images.

Regards

Amir Baig