Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Authorization to end user for just specific queries in SAP BW.

Dear Experts,

i am facing an issue in authorizations, but let me explain what actually i need to do,

i have two info cubes. .i.e. Finance and purchasing.

i want to give authorizations to some users for just three finance queries and for other users two purchasing queries.

User A = Purchasing. 0PUR_C01_Q015 and 0PUR_C01_Q0016

User B = Finance. 0FIA_C01_Q0012, 0FIA_C01_Q0013 AND 0FIA_C01_Q0014

Please let me know what authorization are needed for this activity?

Any document will be much appreciated.

I tried to give authorization using PFCG, but still with that specific users i am able to all the queries in finance and purchasing cubes. which i don't want, i just want those specific queries.

Please help me.

Hi Faheem,

You have not mentioned the Infoarea and Infocube name in authorization object S_RS_COM. Please add info area and infocube name based on which your query has been created.

There are Two Ways to add query in role menue.

1. Add URL by Go to Role(pfcg) - > Change mode -> Click on "Other" in Menu Tab - > Select SAP BW Query URL - > Enter URL and description -> Save

2. To add a query -> run RRMX or BEx Analyzer -> Open dialog to Select Query -> Search Query -> Select Query -> You will have a button in the dialog box "Enter in Role". Click -> another dialog appears with Roles. -> Select Desired role

For point2 prerequisite is that you should have access to edit role via object S_USR_AGR in any role and The role where you want to assign query should be assigned to you in Su01.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question