cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import view into new Schema

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a view in ''Content'' and I want to import it to a Schema in Catalog. I want this view to then use the table in the new Schema. I am having difficulty with import/export and any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frederick,

If I understand correctly, you have models in content which are referring to schema 'A', now you want to point those models to schema 'B'. the steps differ based on the version of hana studio you are using.

studio less than SP9:

In Quick Launch view screen, click on 'Change Authoring schema', then in the popup you can choose for which model you want to change (you can also change for entire package or multiple packages) and at the bottom choose what is current schema and what is going to be target schema. this will change change the schema to the new one.

studio greater than or equal to SP9:

You will have option 'package default schema' option in 'Quick View' screen (Quick launch is removed from SP9). using this option you can set the default schema to your package.

you can also write an sql to do the same. the table name is M_PACKAGE_DEFAULT_SCHEMA.

insert into _SYS_BI.M_PACKAGE_DEFAULT_SCHEMA values ('package_name','schema_name');

Regards,

Venkat N.

Answers (0)