cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MessageMapping: Specifying Namespace in the message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I quite new to the topic and defined a (simple) message mapping in the ESR.

If I "test" it in the NWDS (Rightclick on the MM -> Run As -> ESR Messaage Mapping) and feed it with the following message

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<foo:MT_TestABZ xmlns:foo="http://my/test/namespace">

<A>0</A>

<B>false</B>

<Z>90210</Z>

</foo:MT_TestABZ>

everything is fine!

If I feed it with the following message (which is equivalent to the above, to my understanding)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<MT_TestABZ xmlns="http://my/test/namespace">

<A>0</A>

<B>false</B>

<Z>90210</Z>

</MT_TestABZ>

then the following error appears: Cannot create target element /ns0:MT_TestABZ/A. Values missing in queue context ...

The thing is that I would like to use the mapping on the "returning" way of a synchronous soap-to-soap integration flow and the soap response has the form in my second example.

Am I doing something wrong?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Open your message type, you could see an option for defining XML namespace.

Remove it if you don't want any namespace in your xml and test end-end(not in ESR)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

thanks for your quick reply.

It's not that I dont want any namespace. my secont example does have one (same one as the first example) -- Its just that it is declared as default namespace.

if I open my message type, there is no option to modify anything -- it opens as ReadOnly.

BTW. using 7.40.08 PO System and most recent NWDS 7.31 -- working in ESR perspective

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't have access to NWDS/System now. But login using swing(traditional) tools and open your message type where you can easily find it.

Ryan-Crosby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Take Hareeh's advice and open the message type definition in the swing tools.  In there you will see the target namespace has the same value as the one you have shown above.  If you remove that value and activate the changes then the message mapping should work as it won't be looking for the defined namespace with the qualifier.

Regards,

Ryan Crosby