cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPConnect Converting Formatted Excel on Sending

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am having a problem sending a formatted excel (XML spreadsheet with xls extension) to an external mail using SAPConnect.  When the message is displayed in transaction SOST, the attachment can be download and it opens correctly in excel.  However; when the email is received outside of SAP,  the file fails to open and displays error. Since the file is an XML spreadsheet, opening the file in notepad reveals some of the text has been converted to kanji characters during sending.   This is from a Unicode system.

The attachment is created by adding the values and XML tags to a string that is then converted using CL_BCS_CONVERT=>STRING_TO_SOLIX with codepage 4103.  The email is created using CL_DOCUMENT_BCS=>CREATE_DOCUMENT.  Finally, the file is attached using CL_DOCUMENT_BCS=>ADD_ATTACHMENT with type set to “XLS”.  If I change the type to XML, it is sent correctly.  However; the file extension is XML instead of XLS which causes end customer confusion.  Any ideas on how to prevent SAPConnect from converting the file while sending?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dustin_justet
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP note 455140 describes the set up of e-mail in transaction SCOT.

Certain SAP formats are set to convert when sent in the SCOT configuration

These are the recommended ones for e-mail.

SAPscript / Smart Forms      PDF

ABAP List                    HTM

Business Object / Link       HTM

RAW Text                     TXT

You might try changing these settings.

SAP note 698124 describes how to do customer specific format conversion

It would seem to apply if the defaults in SCOT won't work for you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dustin,

Thanks for your reply. I worked with SAP and it turns out there was bad config in the SAPConnect message types table.  The entry was in table TSOTD with OBJTP = 'XLS' (access via transaction SOTD).  Table TSOTD contains all SAP internal object types. Since XLS is not an SAP internal object type, it is an external file type, it needed to be removed.  I removed it and that fixed my problem.

Thanks,

Jason

Answers (0)