cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Drop Down Box

0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to Create Dynamic Drop Down Box in my epm report for Region and want to refresh data according to region in report.

for example

region

jan     feb

product1    value

product 2   value

and I am new in  bpc so please any one can help me in this.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

hi Dinesh,

and If there is any document about It ,it will be every helpful for me ..like some PDF document which we are getting on SCN.

Thanks,

Abhinav Dixit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinav

You can not take one dimension in two axis. For example if you take entity in page axis you can not take entity in either row and column axis. Page axis itself control the whole report.

0 Kudos

Hi BPC User,

OK i ll take entity as row axis.

Then how to Create Drop down for it ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi abhinav,

Epm dimension override function is simple function. You can use EPMDimensionPropertyValues to create drop down list, but in override function if you want to override with multiple members then members should be separated by the COMMA(,) so in one cell use EPMDimensionPropertyValues to populate id in that cell consider A10 cell then use this cell to override.

=EPMDimensionOverride("000","entity",A10)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinav,

You can create two technical report like Entity in page axis, suppose entity in "A10" cell time in column axis and product and account in row axis then hide this technical report that is default report (000). then create second technical report like Entity product and account in row axis and and time in column axis. then use epmdimensionoverride function on second report like as shown in below.

=EPMDimensionOverride("001","entity",A10)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinav,

First create simple report taking entity in page axis.First report should be the static one or fix members. Then create another report below first report like taking entity product and account in row and time column. After that hide  first report. Take look at below screen shot, Hide highlighted portion.

Hope this will help you. 

0 Kudos

Hi Dinesh,

I have Entity as Dimension in which one hierarchy is there Region is Parent member east, west, north, south are child member .

i want to keep region in page axis with drop down.

product and there account dimension in row axis time dimension in column axis

for example

region (with drop down)

Jan2011      Feb2011   

product1     value

revenue

product 2     value

revenue

and am in training ....so I have no idea about that how to use Member override function and member context ..so please help me in same .

dinesh_veluru
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinav,

Please filter the regions by using epmcontextmember and attach it to either Page axis or use dimension override,

Is region is your dimension or Property?

Please provide some sample screenshot of the report.

Thanks,

Dinesh.V

former_member190501
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use EPMDimensionPropertyValues to get drop down list.

Create a report with Region and product in row axis. Use EPMDimensionOverride to override Region based on drop down selection and hide this column.

Thanks,

Raju