Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross docking storage type not being called

jeff_smith4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am testing a planned cross docking scenario where I have forced the two-step method in configuration. I am able to plan and create the cross docking decision between an inbound delivery and an outbound delivery via the Cross docking monitor.  I perform the goods receipt for the inbound delivery via MIGO.  However, when creating the TO from the TR the system is not directing the material to the cross docking storage type defined in configuration. The system is going through the standard putaway search sequence instead.  I have seen posts from others documenting this same issue, but I have yet to come across one that was answered/resolved.  I have ensured that the 'pre-allocated stock' flag is not set for both of my movement types (101, 601), etc.  I even debugged past the palletization user exit that is activated in my system to make sure that the exit wasn't causing the issue.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

Jeff

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jeff_smith4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello all.

After debugging the SAP program for a while, I was able to determine the reason why the system was not finding my cross docking decision.

During TO creation, the system uses the document that the TO is created from and attempts to look up the decision based on that document number.  Here is the fundamental flaw with our process.  We are performing the GRs via MIGO or via RF (which is like MIGO) and we get a transfer requirement (TR). When creating the TO from the TR, SAP is looking for the x-dock decision by the TR number, when the decision was actually created using the inbound delivery document.  This is why SAP wasn’t finding the x-dock decisions I was creating.  When creating the TO for putaway from the inbound delivery document (VL32N), the system found the x-dock decision and directed the appropriate quantity to the x-dock storage type.

Thanks.

Jeff

Answers (0)