cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sso with kerberos with ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus

We are planning to use kerberos authentication SSO mechanism from Windows desktop where SAP gui (740) installed ,  to the SAP ERP servers ECC EHP7 installed on (PAS -HP-Ux) and all Apps on Linux server.

could you plsease shed some light on it. whether this solution is still acceptable,

is there any documentation for it.  and SSO2.0 reuires any license from SAP.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Christian_Cohrs
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

yes, Kerberos based authentication is very much acceptable, and used by many customers. With the product SAP Single Sign-On you can rely on this technology not only for SAP GUI but also for browser based applications, using SPNEGO.

I'd suggest you request a trial license to see for yourself how easy this is.

Best regards,

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much Christian Cohrs for quick reply!!

just now i saw the demos,,

is this configuratoin requires the same name for SAP logon user and windows logon user ID?

since my organization the (windows login id)  and SAP login user id values are different.

Many Thanks

Balaji

Christian_Cohrs
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Balaji,

there is a mapping table in the ABAP system that allows you to specify for each SAP logon user the corresponding Windows user. So these names do not need to be identical. However it is helpful if there is some rule that defines how to map from the Windows user to the SAP user. That allows you to set the mapping automatically for all users.

Best regards,

Christian