cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documentation for older PB versions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I start this thread in order to ask if it is possible to access documentation & supported platforms resources for older PowerBuilder versions (5, 7, 8, 9).

In Infocenter Archieve, I have found documentation for PowerBuilder 10.2.1 -> 12.1

In SAP Help Portal, the available documentation covers versions 12.5 -> 12.6

Any other information will be highly appreciated.

Kind regards,

ilias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ilias.

I may have the pdf for some of the versions you mentioned (9, 10 and maybe 8). If you want them let me know.

Andreas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Andreas,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I have managed to find some EBFs for those versions in an archive of our company. I provide the following list just in case someone needs platform support for those (really) old versions :

PowerBuilder 5.x

• Windows 95
  • Windows NT 3.51

PowerBuilder 7.x

• Windows 95
  • Windows 98
  • Windows NT 4 SP5 & SP6
  • Windows 2000

PowerBuilder 8

• NT 4.x with SP 6a,
  • Win98
  • Windows 2000 SP 1

I remember that some years ago, there was a web site (sybooks?) that hosted those documentation sets. I suppose that the site no longer exists.

Best regards,

ilias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

I need to know all the versions of ASE (native SYC) that are compatible with PowerBuilder 8.0.3. I know, for sure, that PB 8.0.3 supports ASE 12.5.3 and 12.5.4, but what I´m looking for is the document that tell me all of the compatible versions of ASE with PB 8.0.3

Please could you provide me this document because I need to deliver it to my customer.

Thanks in advance!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge;

The PB 8 documentation (PB Help & Installation Guide) should specify the various DBMS & versions supported. All the online PB documentation on the Sybase site was taken down by SAP except for the most recent versions.

My best guess would be ASE v12 at the highest with v11 & 10 also supported.

FYI:  New in PowerBuilder 8 - Enhanced Adaptive Server Enterprise SYC database interface

Regards ... Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris.

To make it more specific documentation is available for pb 10.2.1 and later releases. The only exception is v. 12.6 for which we never had online documentation (or in pdf), but only help files. Hope that Appeon will handle that better than SAP.

Andreas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

=>Hope that Appeon will handle that better than SAP.

I'm sure that Armeen is taking note of this.  

Answers (0)