cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DELVRY03 and Pricing Conditions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

we have a business case, where Customer, while accepting the goods, may slightly change (agreed with the Carrier) final sales price of the goods delivered.

Say, we have sales order with TV-Set, Sales Order price is EUR 1100.

Due to package damages Carrier provided a 50 EUR discount to a Customer. Customer handed over EUR 1050 to a Carrier.

We are using POD process with our Carriers, and thus, want to receive a new(discounted) price in POD file along with confirmed qty's.

Question is, how we can do that with DELVRY03. I was trying to find any suitable fields in there... and didn't  succeed.

Appreciate any suggestions/help.

Thanks !

Cheers, Yuri.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

An interesting question... I doubt standard delivery IDoc can apply a discount. Even if there was a field, it would at best register some statistical condition in the delivery that would have no influence on your Net Value in the invoice.

With a quick Google search I found similar functionality mentioned only with relation to Direct Store Delivery process (link). It seems that in this case there is a separate settlement process that adds discount to order or invoice. I'm not sure if this is some separately licensed solution.

From the top of my head you'd either need to post another IDoc, as already suggested, or, essentially, create your own settlement process. E.g. extend the IDoc and add the discount field. Then in some user exit put that information in a Z table, for example, and run a program to add discount to the order. Just make sure that Z table is updated only when IDoc is posted correctly (i.e. needs to be part of the same transaction) and that invoice is not created before you got a chance to adjust discount.

Or maybe think about not using IDoc at all and going with a custom interface. Don't forget the possible reporting requirement and any additional financial considerations (e.g. how are you going to settle this with carrier).

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

POD is for quantity difference not for price difference. For price difference you have to post 50 EUR credit note to customer and charge this to carrier as debit note.

2nd option is to have invoice discount condition and enter discount in invoice before creating invoice as you said POD process is there so I am assuming that you create invoice after receiving confirmation from customer.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MoazzaM,

thanks for reply.

Yes, this is an alternative, and that would require to transfer 50 EUR discount through another IDOC, right ? I.e. I will have 1 DELVRY03 IDOC with POD and 1 IDOC (say, updating pricing in a Sales Order, as Billing document does not exist when we post POD) with discounts.

This is what we still try to avoid, though.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yeah!! you are right but it seems only option to me. Lets see if someone has some other better suggestion for you.

Thank$