Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Down payment in sales order

former_member1021627
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need help to manage down payment  in sales order.

I would like to reproduce each line of my billing plan in several item of my sales order.

For example :

Item 1 : Down payment with item category xxx 50 EUR

Item 2   Partial invoice with item category xxx 300 EUR

Item 3   Final invoice with item category xxx 700 EUR

First question :

In my total amount of my sale order, today the system adds the amounts of all the lines of the items ( 1050 EUR), and I don't want it takes the amount of the DP.

Normally the global amount must be 1000eur and not 1050EUR.

Second question

When I  'm doing the invoice of the item 2 ( partial invoice), how can I take the down payment of the item 1?

Thanks for any help

Rgds

Kari

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Kari

It depends which billing rule you have maintained in your billing plan item.
Normally if you are using percentage based rules '4' for the down payment line
and '1' for the first real invoice and 3 for the closing invoice for example. The value in the
billing plan should correspond exactly with the net value coming from the conditions.
If you have a manual condition and you use 'value' based billing rules eg: 5 and 2
when you enter your values the down payment line (5) will not be included in the
total amount in the billing plan only the total of the real lines with value = 2. If you work this
way you would have to manually add the real value to your PR00 condition after you have maintained the billing plan values etc.

Notes 213526 and 213567 cover the process and the steps needed to make it work.

To make sure your posted and cleared down payment line is picked up when you create your
first real billing document you have to make sure you have assigned copy requirement 020 to the FAZ
billing type and order combination in TVCPF. If everything is set up correctly when you create your first real billing document function module SD_DOWNPAYMENT_READ will be called in the billing

processing and it looks for any posted & cleared down payments using the sales order/item as a key.
If everything is posted correctly it will include the extra line in the billing document.

I hope this helps you further
Kind regards
Brian   

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Elmka,

The question you are asking is almost a mini project. I hope you know atleast the minimum configurations for enabling this process.

1. Your item category should point to a billing type equal to milestone billing. You cannot have downpayments in any of the other billing relevance.

2. You need to do an entire set of configurations in milestone billing namely billing rules, date categories etc.

3. YOu need to assign the billing plan type to item category.

THen your process will work

former_member1021627
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your answer, but unfortunately you are not answered to my issues.

I know I have to assign for each item category a billing plan.

Item 1 : Down payment with item category xxx 50 EUR with

Item 2   Partial invoice with item category xxx 300 EUR

In my total amount of my sale order, today the system adds the amounts of all the lines of the items ( 1050 EUR), and I don't want it takes the amount of the DP.

Normally the global amount must be 1000eur and not 1050EUR.

And When I  'm doing the invoice of the item 2 ( partial invoice), how can I take the down payment of the item 1?

Thanks for help

Rgds

Kari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make it as :

Item 1 : Down payment with item category xxx 50 EUR with

Item 2   Partial invoice with item category xxx 250 EUR