Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qm notifications

former_member221041
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am using the standard feature of qm notification in SAP ,Can anybody help me to explain the difference between Notification type Q1 & Q5,Also what should be the selection for partner field if the Q1/Q5 Customer Complaint-E & I notification is to be created it should be vendor OR Customer reference in partner field.

Second query is the selection of material should be a component of Finished part supplied to customer due to which the complaint recd. from customer OR Finished part in which problem recd.

if I select Customer In partner field then how this notification will be linked to Score evaluation for supplier of component.

Regards

Rakesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As per my knowledge SAP does not provide Q5 notification type in its standard bundle but Q1 is surely a part of it. It's hard to predict the differences between these 2 without knowing the actual configuration setting for Q5. However while running QM01 with these 2 different type you can figure out the difference in data entry screens.

What partner function you choose, depends upon the configuration done and varies industry to industry to suit their requirements. From my point of view for Q1 the partner should be customer. Again this is my perception with specific requirement in my mind.

I think you want to create a notification of component material. e.g. FG code XYZ is made from X,Y and Z components. And you receive the complaint of XYZ because of fault in X which is supplier provided and want this to be noted in your system. I would suggest below approach for this.

Your customer will raise a quality issue with XYZ code only (which is sold to customer) and not with X or Y. So you should create Q1 notification (or the one which is designed for this nature of complaint) for material XYZ. In the item tab in QM01 you will find assembly as one of the options. If the BOM is properly maintained then you can simply explode the same where individual child components X, Y or Z will appear from which XYZ is made. Choose the correct one and record the defects. And as you said you can design the partner function to incorporate vendor code to identify which vendor has supplied it. If assembly option is disabled you can explore notification configuration in QCC0 to enable it.

Another approach is to create notification of component X directly, but I wonder that how your customer can send you individual component's information if he is receiving an assembled product.

Anand

former_member221041
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Mr Rao,

For your response regarding my query but can both the customer & vendor be configured as partner simultaneously for single notification type say Q1,at presently it is configured as Customer in my system,Further regarding my earlier question part: if I select Customer In partner field then how this notification will be linked to Score evaluation for supplier of component.Also in item tab there is no option for assembly(For component selection bom explosion) in my system can you suggest where actually it exists in QCC0.

Regards

Rakesh Sehgal

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh, As per my understanding about this topic is concerned I put below comments

Hopefully you can have 2 partner functions! Could you please refer below path for carrying out this testing?

QCC0 > Quality Notifications > Notification Creation > Notification content > Partners > Define partner determination procedure > Define Partner Determination Procedure > Assign Partner Determination Procedure to Notif. Type > Assign Partner Functions to Notification Type. I'll also test this simultaneously!

I doubt if you can correlate this notification to supplier score valuation as it is being raised on FG code and not on the vendor supplied code. In assembly section even if you enter its child part still the main material of notification remains same i.e. FG code which was sold to the customer. You should raise separate notification for vendor supplied part for its defect (probably Q1 type which is meant for vendor complaints) and define that as one of the criteria in vendor evaluation using ME61 with proper weightage in configuration.

For assembly part, I would suggest following,

1. After entering defects in item tab, double click on the it.
  2. You will find icon for structure like this
  3. Click on this. It will explode the BOM for FG material. (Header Material code)
  4. Choose the appropriate one.
  5. If it is not reflecting in assembly column under item tab you should check the setting in OQM1 transaction code.
  6. Check if the field is VIQMFE-BAUTL is marked as hidden there. If so, to enable it, mark that as input.
  7. The entered assembly components can be viewed in QM15 standard report where both code you can see. The FG and its child part.

Note – Use of assembly functionality here, is just for informative purpose to identify which of its child part caused the problem. Separate logic still needs to be developed to correlate it to vendor performance.

Anand

former_member221041
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Very helpful answer,

But as suggested by you I have to make Q1 notification for the problem material( component ) for vendor but in my configuration Q1 is configured for Customer to which FG is supplied i.e. why I was asking for dual partner selection both customer & vendor,Anyway let me explore on this Again thanks for your suggestion,May I request you to provide any user manual/PPT relating to SAP QM as I am in need for this due a new functional module for me.

My mail Id is rakeshsehgal693@hotmail.com

Regards

Rakesh Sehgal

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ohh! It was my bad . I meant Q2 there instead of Q1!

For getting introduced to SAP QM the very first thing that I can suggest is to understand actual functional processes that are being followed in the industry you work with. I always try to correlate these practices with SAP processes by doing some search on SCN and SAP's help site. I have learnt many new things with this approach. For better results, it has to be assisted by more wit h self testing in to test servers.

If you are talking about technical SAP QM documents to understand more on QM, many thread are available on SCN. Some of them cover the basics and master data part of QM, others few throw some light on to process mapping configuration while others on to data migration or Z report developments. has tried consolidating such relevant QM process documents

The experts share their experiences and guide us with solutions through these documents.

Best wishes,

Anand

Answers (0)