cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP IFbA Performance Improvement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP experts,

I would really appreciate your great advice of how to improve the performance for IFbA(Interactive Form by Adobe).

1. Could we leave the application for opening PDF regardless of closing browser?

I currently test SAP IFbA from performance perspective, and I have seen many forms, which were developed and integrated with a frame of Enterprise Portal, going slow to completely display themselves.

I found that the server running Adobe responds to our client PCs as Http-Response in return after I click URLs IFbA is built-in, then opening PDF as an interactive form starts working with Adobe Reader which is installed in our each individual PC.

If my insight of how IFbA works might be right, most of the time was spent on opening PDF on our PCs after they receive the content of data for displaying PDF from the server. This is because each PC receives Http-Response in return within a few seconds from the server, however, it takes more than 10 seconds to open PDF afterward.

I guess it largely depends on the client PC spec that how much it will take to open PDF forms, but I have seen an application related to Adobe Reader launched automatically in PCs' task bar before opening PDF. It will take less than 10 seconds to open PDF with the application stayed in the task bar. This seems to be automatically closed as I close the browser.

2. Are there any performance methods to improve IFbA?

I am not so sure that it would be ok to determine whether taking more than 10 seconds to open PDF is good or not. I don't have any comparable cases of IFbA.

Thank you in advance,

Masaya.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

SandySingh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Masaya,

1) Avoid Scripting (Javascript/Formcalc) as much as possible inside the form. It drastically reduces the performance and makes the form to execute slower. If you still want to use scripting(which cannot be avoided for some requirements), use Formcalc since it is comparatively faster than JavaScript.

2) Try to avoid the coding inside the Form Interface. You can always handle the maximum coding in the Driver program and pass it to the form.

3) Use Form Caching.

For forms that have fixed layout, its a good way to increase the performance of form rendering. In the layout, go to Form Properties. Then Click on Defaults tab and select Allow Form Rendering To Be Cached On Server. Then Click OK.

For forms that have flowable or dynamic layout, render the forms on the client side because it improves performance.

Refer to links below

http://scn.sap.com/community/interactive-forms-by-adobe/blog/2014/07/02/performance-optimization-for...

http://scn.sap.com/people/juergen.hauser2/blog/2012/07/20/investigating-performance-issues-for-sap-i...

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3197785

Hope it helps

Regards

Sandy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sandy,

Thank you so much for the prompt answer.

Your advice has been helpful so that I have looked over all the settings. I have seen a bit improvement of IFbA by following your advice, and the significant improvement is to set security settings off for Adobe Reader. It can reduce initialization steps of opening PDF.

I will have to discuss the change of settings with my client. Anyway, thank you so much.

SandySingh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

pkease close the question .

REgards

sandy

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.