Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WDA ALV view field posiiton issue

former_member654348
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing an issue with WD ABAP ALV output field positioning.

on click of a button on WD screen, ALV is getting displayed. user went to settings and created a new view as per his requirement.(Removed few fields from display and changes the position of few fields) and saved the view.

when he runs the same report next time, system is showing the layout(view) what user created but the position changes are done.(for example, he altered the fields in posiiton1 and 5, but the ALV display still showing the previous positioning). it is working fine for hiding columns, but issue is only with field positioning.

when user selects the standard view(which is available by default ) and selects the custom view again(which he created earlier), then it is working fine, showing the field positioning as required. the issue is with initial ALV display.

Please advise me on this, if any one faced the similar issue earlier.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Pallavi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member197475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nagapallavi,

Please follow the below approach.

1. Go to the ALV settings. Change the columns to your required sequence and click on Save as button.

2. Enter the name in the description and check the Initial View check box and then click on Ok button.

3. Now the customized column sequence will always be loaded initially for your ALV.

Try it out.

BR,

RAM.

former_member654348
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

I was trying with the same approach, but its not working. Any settings need to be changed programmatically ?

Thanks for your time.

Thanks,

Pallavi.