Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS element 1st and 2nd level budgeting activation/deactivation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a scenario from my user in PS.

• There is a WBS element A(1st level) in a project , which has budget PKR 1000.
  • Out of this PKR 400 is assigned to claims from customer. Claims are locked via f-67.
  • Now we have special trade offers for customer for which there are 3 WBS elements(A1, A2, A3) to be opened at 2nd level. All of these WBS elements are to be assigned the remainder amount of PKR 600 left from 1st level A (which had budget PKR 1000).
  • Right now I make 2 WBS A1 and A2 at 2nd level and distribute PKR 200 each at A1 and A2. This means Im left with PKR 200 to be distributed at A3 which I will open in future.
  • I want that till the time I open A3 and assign budget to it, no one locks claim at A (1st level) and consume PKR 200 which is left  at A and which in future is to be distributed to 2nd level(A3).
  • In short, I want that as soon as I distribute the remainder PKR 600 of A to 2nd level, 1st level A gets deactivated for claim locking.

Please help me find out a way out for it.

Regards

Akber

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sushrut_sheth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

it is system behaviour,If AVAC (availability control is activated) and

when you carry out budgeting of remaining 600 at A1,A2,A3 automatically 1st level A shall be locked.

for A3 you should create a WBS element and lock down the budget immediately and change the status of that WBS element to account assignement locked.when you feel that it is required just change the status and let the users work over it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushrut,

I havent yet created A3 and put budget on it. The budget left for A3 is PKR 200. I want that until I dont create A3 and budget it , no one locks claim on 1st level which is A. Hope this clarifies.

Regards

Akber

sushrut_sheth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

that is the case when you kept open PKR 200 it shall always be used ,when  you clearly know that the total value is PKR 800 then why to assign PKR1000

assign PKR 1000 to 1st level only when it is fully distributed among lower level WBS elements.

It is a standard system behaviour ,if you keep PKR 200 open it shall be free for consumption

so it is better ,create A3 now itself assign PKR200 and then lock it so there is no free amount at 1st level WBS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sushrut,

Sounds good. Account Assignment lock status is the check under "Operative indicators"? right?

We can un-check it after creating the WBS? Can we uncheck Account assignment at level 1 A? It is greyed out. I think we cannot. Please comment

Regards

Akber

sushrut_sheth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

no

you have to go to the top of the screen at Menu bar and disable the status of account assignment

go to Edit--status--> lock-->account assignment

or you can lock all the WBS element with masterdata lock,unlock it when required

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. Got it.

Regards

Akber

Answers (0)