Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg: HP-UX Package Cluster with SAP ECC5.0 SR1 Installations

former_member216430
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I need to aware HP-UX Package cluster with SAP ECC5.0 SR1 and Oracle Installations,

things is OS Administrator Cluster configured in Production Server.

If any thing hardware failure in production server, then we need to move the package to Quality Server.

Now I need to install sap in Quality server, here file system creations is required or not.

If anybody workking this environments please help me and will share valuable points also.

Thanks

• SAP Managed Tags:

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Basis,

Good afternoon. is this a HA configuration your doing and correct me if i am wrong,  you want to failover your Production SAP system from Server A to Server B which is a quality server.

So based on the Cluster package Configuration, you do not required to install SAP system if the Disk volumes are taken care in the cluster package, normally OS admin configure the Disk volumes in the cluster package which map the disk volumes to Server B when failover happens in terms of CPU/RAM/Network cards etc..

But if its Disk leve failure then they need to go for a Replication of storage.

Also while installtion you need to provide a virtual clustername for the hosts. And no need to install individually on the other host.

In my current enviorment the failover node is a blank server which has same sizing for CPU/RAM and network and kernel parameters as of Production. So when ever failover happens it maps the filesystem and start the SAP application using the Cluster scripts.

And the installtion is carried out based on the virtual cluster names.

Let meif this helped you.

Regards,

Ram

former_member216430
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Thanks for you quick Response,

is this a HA configuration your doing and correct me if i am wrong,  you want to fail over your Production SAP system from Server A to Server B which is a quality server.

Exactly Right Ram.

Can you provide your contact number, I need to discuss more things, it might be very use full for us.

Please help us.

former_member216430
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

OS Cluster Package configurations has done from OS Administrator and my Installations master don't have options High Availability.

So that I used Central System Installations in Productions and Quality Server also has been completed the Installations part.

after Installations for both server, I shutdown both server SAP and DB, now Cluster Package moved to Quality server, I started the Listener but getting some issues, I attached screen shot, Please check out it and once resolved will share valueable points. Please help us.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sap Basis,

From the error screen of the listerner its clear that the address is not able to assign.

One quick check have you used a virtual name for the both nodes if yes. then do change the tep303 server name to the virtual address.

As the physical server names and their ip address will be different. But the Virtual servername and ip address will be same for both server as the cluster package will be named after it.

So check with your os admins to get the virtual server name and ip and maintain same in SAP and oracle profiles.

Let me know if you need any further help on it. And sorry i dont share the contact details so fast. hope you wont mind it.

Regards,

Ram

former_member216430
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Thanks for your immediate Response,

I discussed with my OS admin Cluster Package name, SAN Storage name, Storage IP Address and Physical SAP Server Host Name, IP Address is different different.

Below I mentioned all the details and I mentioned tnsnames and listener file, please tell how to correct it, I am new for cluster level.

Now cluster Package is running Quality Server for Testing purpose.

Please tell me what are the changes needed it and put sample here.its very use full for us.

Please help us.

Cluster Package Name: dbciTPU

Cluster Hostname: dbciTPU

IP Address ; 192.9.200.173

Physical SAP server:

------------------------------

Hostname: tep303

IP Address: 192.9.200.141

Quality Server:

----------------------

Hostname: tep202

IP Address: 192.9.200.165

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

################

# Filename......: tnsnames.ora

# Created.......: created by SAP AG, R/3 Rel. >= 6.10

# Name..........:

# Date..........:

# @(#) $Id: //bc/640-2_COR/src/ins/SAPINST/impl/tpls/ora/ind/TNSNAMES.ORA#4 $

################

TPU.WORLD=

(DESCRIPTION =

(SDU = 32768)

(ADDRESS_LIST =

(ADDRESS =

(COMMUNITY = SAP.WORLD)

(PROTOCOL = TCP)

(HOST = tep303)

(PORT = 1527)

)

)

(CONNECT_DATA =

(SID = TPU)

(GLOBAL_NAME = TPU.WORLD)

)

)

################################################################################

# Filename......: listener.ora

# Created.......: created by SAP AG, R/3 Rel. >= 6.10

# Name..........:

# Date..........:

# @(#) $Id: //bc/640-2_COR/src/ins/SAPINST/impl/tpls/ora/ind/LISTENER.ORA#4 $

################

ADMIN_RESTRICTIONS_LISTENER = on

LISTENER =

(ADDRESS_LIST =

(ADDRESS =

(PROTOCOL = IPC)

(KEY = TPU.WORLD)

)

(ADDRESS=

(PROTOCOL = IPC)

(KEY = TPU)

)

(ADDRESS =

(COMMUNITY = SAP.WORLD)

(PROTOCOL = TCP)

(HOST = tep303)

(PORT = 1527)

)

)

STARTUP_WAIT_TIME_LISTENER = 0

CONNECT_TIMEOUT_LISTENER = 10

TRACE_LEVEL_LISTENER = OFF

SID_LIST_LISTENER =

(SID_LIST =

(SID_DESC =

(SDU = 32768)

(SID_NAME = TPU)

(ORACLE_HOME = /oracle/TPU/102_64)

)

)

Thanks

Basis Team.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP BASIS,

You need to maintain dbciTPU which is your cluster name in the listner.ora and tnsname.ora files

you need to maintain under address in both the files:-

(ADDRESS =

(COMMUNITY = SAP.WORLD)

(PROTOCOL = TCP)

(HOST = tep303) --> need to be changed to dbciTPU

(PORT = 1527)

Once this is done try to restart the listerner update us the outcome of it. Then start your DB.

Once DB is Up try to do R3trans -d or R3trans -x from sidadm and let us know the outcome.

Regards,

Ram

former_member216430
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

After changing the IP Address Listener is running sucessfully and oracle got connected,

If I try get any informations from oracle getting some error message.

I attached trans.log FILE Please check it.

4 ETW000  [dev trc     ,00000]  Attaching to DB Server TPU (con_hdl=0,svchp=6000000000b00648,srvhp=6000000000b0aa58)

4 ETW000                                                                              34  0.088387

4 ETW000  [dboci.c     ,00000]  *** ERROR => OCI-call 'OCIServerAttach' failed: rc = 12537

4 ETW000                                                                           41260  0.129647

4 ETW000  [dbsloci.    ,00000]  *** ERROR => CONNECT failed with sql error 12537.

4 ETW000                                                                              24  0.129671

4 ETW000  [dev trc     ,00000]     set_ocica() -> OCI or SQL return code 12537        16  0.129687

4 ETW000  [dblink      ,00430]  ***LOG BY2=>sql error 12537  performing CON [dblink#6 @ 430]

4 ETW000                                                                             165  0.129852

4 ETW000  [dblink      ,00430]  ***LOG BY0=>ORA-12537: TNS:connection closed [dblink#6 @ 430]

4 ETW000                                                                              23  0.129875

2EETW169 no connect possible: "DBMS = ORACLE                           --- dbs_ora_tnsname = 'TPU'"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

startdb.log

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QL*Plus: Release 10.2.0.4.0 - Production on Mon May 11 15:40:31 2015

Copyright (c) 1982, 2007, Oracle.  All Rights Reserved.

Connected to an idle instance.

ORA-01081: cannot start already-running ORACLE - shut it down first

Disconnected

------------------------------ Mon May 11 15:40:32 IST 2015

Connect to the database to verify, that the database is now open

R3trans check finished with return code: 12

*** ERROR: Startup of database failed

Notify Database Administrator.

/usr/sap/TPU/SYS/exe/run/startdb: Terminating with error code 12

Please check last ERROR Message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP BASIS,

Have you started the oracle. and after that you need to carry out simmilr hostname changes in your profile of SAP and oracle under /sapmnt/<SID>/profile/oracle. Once that is done.

Also you need to change the environment variables under /home/sidadm and /home/orasid or /oracle/<SID>. The enviroment variables for dbenv.csh/*sh, sapenv.csh and sh. etc.

After this changes Try to connect back.

Regards,

Ram

former_member216430
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Thanks for Immediate Response,

can you tell me what are changes profile and environmental  level is needed,

please tell me, I am new for this environment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sapbasis,

you need to change the hostnames in all the profiles respectively for DBHOST & SAPLOCALHOST.

In enviorment variables you need to appened the virtual hostnames and edit it for the hostname contained in it. Likes of as below:-

dbenv_<physicalhostname>.csh to dbenv_<virtual_hostnames>.csh.

once you change all you should be able to connect to the DB and start sap apps.

regards,

Ram