cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

****Order confirmation via EDI 855 for the newly confirmed item in the sales order***

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

My client needs to send an order confirmation via EDI 855 for the newly confirmed item in the sales order.

Example:

Let's assume a sales order has 3 items. Out of 3 items in SO, 2 items have confirmed schedule lines and 1 doesn't have stock. Once this sales order is saved and released from all blocks, an order confirmation IDoc gets processed. After some time, stock becomes available and the third line item is confirmed on the sales order. As soon as this item is confirmed, next order confirmation should be immediately sent to the customer for this item only.

We have an order confirmation output type ZXXX which triggers an IDoc (Basic Type: ORDERS03, Message Type: ORDRSP). This output type is responsible for processing an order confirmation IDoc and until now it was getting processed only once as per the last settings.

Now I have activated the "Multiple Issuing" provision at the configuration hence its issuing the outputs multiple times according to the number of changes at the item level. But its actually taking all the items into account while processing order confirmation output which my client doesn't want.

Can we restrict this order confirmation output to capture the details only for the items which are getting confirmed or modified ?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I haven't tried this for sales orders but for purchase orders (which use the same message/IDoc type) to send only changed items we used ORDCHG. There are some SAP notes on this, search by ORDCHG keyword.

P.S. Kindly avoid using the asterisks or any other "highlighting" in the header - all discussions are equal and deserve the same attention. If anything, it actually turns off the potential responders.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks you so much for the advise Jelena.

I'll search for the notes and keep you updated on the progress.

Best regards,

Answers (0)